    John ( my uncle ) thinks it maybe either the Cable, Display Card or Hard
    drive ???????

    Any TIPS or help you can give me to get it back wotking please.
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBH?=, Jun 1, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBH?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Sounds like you are getting thru post and failing when Windows starts. On
    the Menu you see Safe mode, there is an option not to automatically reboot.
    That option should give you the stop code you need to proceed.

    John Barnes, Jun 1, 2006

  3. This is what is appearing when I start it up on the computer I am fast going
    to through from a WINDOW !!!

    Verifying DMI POOL DATE………..

    BOOT FROM CD
    PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD
    NTLDR IS MISSING
    Press CNTRL ALT and DEL to restart….

    Then when I try and install Windows XP PRO…..

    Windows set up …..set up is loading files (100%) complete
    Welcome to set up ……

    * To set up press ENTER
    * To Repair
    * To Quit

    During Set up this appears ….. Formats C Partition 1.
    38136 MB ( 38024 MB FREE)

    Format completes 100% then….
    Set up copies files to the Windows Installation Folders ……24% then crashes

    Hope someone can help me i am at my wits ends with this.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBH?=, Jun 7, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBH?=

    Rick Guest

    Is this Windows x64 you're trying to install? If so, where did you get
    your CD.

    If it's not Win x64, then you're in the wrong news group.

    Rick, Jun 7, 2006
  5. Troubleshoot the hardware first. Disconnect all peripherals not absolutely
    needed to boot up. Remove and firmly reseat cards, especially the video
    card. Do one thing at a time and try booting after each change.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 7, 2006