    power supply, but still the same noise. Do you know what the problem might
    be? If so please let me know.

    gjergji

    Gjergji J., Jan 10, 2004

  2. Gjergji J.

    Harrison Guest

    It's overheating.

    Harrison, Jan 10, 2004

  3. Gjergji J.

    Sultan Guest

    Gjergji J. wrote in news::

    > all of the sudden, while playing a solitaire game, it started making a
    > continous noise like an ambulance or police siren. Rebooting several
    > times didn't change it. Thinking that it was a flaky power supply, I
    > put a new power supply, but still the same noise. Do you know what the
    > problem might be? If so please let me know.
    >
    > gjergji

    Gjergji, try removing the cover and starting it up, you may be able to
    tell then from where the sound is originating. Please be careful to not
    poke around in it while its running - don't want you getting shocked for
    no good reason.
    I wonder if you have a little pc speaker inside that is emitting some
    sort of warning beep?

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jan 10, 2004
  4. Gjergji J.

    ICee Guest

    Gjergji J. wrote:
    > all of the sudden, while playing a solitaire game, it started making a
    > continous noise like an ambulance or police siren. Rebooting several
    > times didn't change it. Thinking that it was a flaky power supply, I
    > put a new power supply, but still the same noise. Do you know what
    > the problem might be? If so please let me know.
    >
    > gjergji

    As Harrison said, the CPU is overheating. Check the fans inside,
    especially the one on the CPU heatsink, as it may have stopped.

    ICee, Jan 10, 2004
  5. Gjergji J.

    Gjergji J. Guest

    > As Harrison said, the CPU is overheating. Check the fans inside,
    > especially the one on the CPU heatsink, as it may have stopped.

    Thank you all for your help. I think I will replace the CPU and hopefully it
    will go away.

    gjergji

    Gjergji J., Jan 11, 2004
  6. Gjergji J.

    Avenger© Guest

    Re: Re: My PC makes a siren noise

    On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:52:49 -0800, "Gjergji J." <>
    wrote:

    >> As Harrison said, the CPU is overheating. Check the fans inside,
    >> especially the one on the CPU heatsink, as it may have stopped.
    >>

    >Thank you all for your help. I think I will replace the CPU and hopefully it
    >will go away.
    >
    >gjergji

    You may *only* need to change the CPU heatsink and/or fan, NOT
    necessarily the CPU itself. If you're not sure, take it to a computer
    store or have someone take a look at it for you.

    HTH

    "Put the CAT out to reply"

    Avenger©, Jan 11, 2004
  7. Bad fan??????

    Trai' La Trash, Jan 11, 2004
  8. Gjergji J.

    John Guest

    Avenger© <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:52:49 -0800, "Gjergji J." <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >> As Harrison said, the CPU is overheating. Check the fans inside,
    > >> especially the one on the CPU heatsink, as it may have stopped.
    > >>

    > >Thank you all for your help. I think I will replace the CPU and hopefully it
    > >will go away.
    > >
    > >gjergji
    > >

    > You may *only* need to change the CPU heatsink and/or fan, NOT
    > necessarily the CPU itself. If you're not sure, take it to a computer
    > store or have someone take a look at it for you.
    >
    > HTH
    >

    > "Put the CAT out to reply"

    You can tell if the problem is heat related by turning off the machine
    for 5 minutes and then restarting it. If the noise is not there and
    then comes back after a few minutes, there is a heat problem. As
    someone has said before, check the CPU fan to see if it is running.
    Most likely it will not be.

    John, Jan 11, 2004
  9. Gjergji J. wrote:
    >>As Harrison said, the CPU is overheating. Check the fans inside,
    >>especially the one on the CPU heatsink, as it may have stopped.
    >>

    > Thank you all for your help. I think I will replace the CPU and hopefully it
    > will go away.
    >
    > gjergji

    You should not just do that -- could be a few hundred $$ vs. perhaps $20!

    Do as others said and see if the cpu *fan* is running. If not, the CPU
    will overheat, but you don't need to replace the CPU, just the FAN.

    Tergiversative, Jan 11, 2004
  10. Gjergji J.

    Fred Seaver Guest

    look to see if you placed a disk on top of another. It does sound like a
    siren :))

    Fred Seaver, Jan 24, 2004
  11. Gjergji J.

    12yearoldhelper

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    @Gjergji J Ok bro out of nowhere it makes a siren? ok hahaha. Reboot your computer and press the "del" button situated on the right hand side on your keyboard go to "PC HEALTH" check if it's a warning on what temp your PC is on if so disable. And if it's not that search through all the setup files from pressing "DEL" if there is a case warning turn it off (disable). if you need help PM ME :) DONT REPLASE COMPUTER!!

    12yearoldhelper, Aug 1, 2010