My PC has wireless capability

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Barry Karas, Feb 25, 2006.

  1. Barry Karas

    Barry Karas Guest

    25-Feb-06

    RE: Wireless

    My PC has wireless capability. I do not connect because I receive a message
    that says either I cannot connect because there's no wireless network in the
    area - or I can connect, but the signal strength is very low. I live in a
    fairly large city in FL. Is there a STRONG wireless LAN in or near West Palm
    Beach?

    If there is, how would I connect to it?

    Thank you,

    Barry Karas

    P.S. I use WinXP Pro w/ S.P.2.
    Barry Karas, Feb 25, 2006

  2. Barry Karas

    Dave Guest

    just because you buy a wireless capable pc doesn't mean you get access to
    the internet... unless your area has a free public access point you must
    either subscribe to an existing one, just like dialup or cable, or install
    your own on your existing internet access modem. think of buying a wireless
    capable pc like you bought a pc with a modem, you still need to plug in to
    something and likely pay for it.

    Dave, Feb 25, 2006