    Thanks and regards,
    Rajasekhar

    , Feb 13, 2006

  2. why? Guest

    On 13 Feb 2006 07:30:18 -0800, wrote:

    >Hi,
    > I have a strange problem. I have windows 2000 installed on my
    >computer. Disk 1 has 3 (c,d, e) 15 GB, and disk two (160 GB) have 3
    >partions (G,H,I). Till day before yesterday everything worked fine. But
    >all of sudden yesterday when I try to access H/phtos/ It said photos
    >folder is not accessible. Then I shut down the computer and restarted.
    >To my surprize H drive vanished and disappered. When I went to Windows
    >Disk information it says drive is free (no drive letter or something
    >like that).
    >
    > I have fix it utitilies. I saw using explore it also says 117 gb
    >(which is my H partition is free).
    >
    >I has all my years of data (personal memories etc...which I can't get
    >it else where).
    >
    > Please help in getting that data back.

    have mentioned GetDataBack NTFS from www.runtime.org

    Other posts have mentioned other apps, the names of which I don't need
    to know as I paid for the above app online while recovering data and it
    worked.

    >I suspect over heating of system?? is it possible? If so why my G and I

    I didn't and 3 partitions on 1 disk went missing, 1 partition was okay.
    All the data was recovered.

    >drives still showing? I have pccilling 2005 anti virus software.
    >
    >Thanks and regards,
    >Rajasekhar

    Me

    why?, Feb 13, 2006

  3. fred-bloggs Guest

    wrote in

    > Hi,
    > I have a strange problem. I have windows 2000 installed on my
    > computer. Disk 1 has 3 (c,d, e) 15 GB, and disk two (160 GB) have 3
    > partions (G,H,I). Till day before yesterday everything worked fine.
    > But all of sudden yesterday when I try to access H/phtos/ It said
    > photos folder is not accessible. Then I shut down the computer and
    > restarted. To my surprize H drive vanished and disappered. When I went
    > to Windows Disk information it says drive is free (no drive letter or
    > something like that).
    >
    > I have fix it utitilies. I saw using explore it also says 117 gb
    > (which is my H partition is free).
    >
    > I has all my years of data (personal memories etc...which I can't get
    > it else where).
    >
    > Please help in getting that data back.
    >
    > I suspect over heating of system?? is it possible? If so why my G and
    > I drives still showing? I have pccilling 2005 anti virus software.
    >
    > Thanks and regards,
    > Rajasekhar

    PC INSPECTOR File Recovery is freeware
    http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

    You need enough space on another partition to recover the data to.

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Feb 13, 2006
  4. Spuds Guest

    On 13 Feb 2006 07:30:18 -0800, wrote:

    >Hi,
    > I have a strange problem. I have windows 2000 installed on my
    >computer. Disk 1 has 3 (c,d, e) 15 GB, and disk two (160 GB) have 3
    >partions (G,H,I). Till day before yesterday everything worked fine. But
    >all of sudden yesterday when I try to access H/phtos/ It said photos
    >folder is not accessible. Then I shut down the computer and restarted.
    >To my surprize H drive vanished and disappered. When I went to Windows
    >Disk information it says drive is free (no drive letter or something
    >like that).
    >
    > I have fix it utitilies. I saw using explore it also says 117 gb
    >(which is my H partition is free).
    >
    >I has all my years of data (personal memories etc...which I can't get
    >it else where).

    Years of data, and no backups at all? WTF were you thinking?

    Spuds, Feb 13, 2006
  5. wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have a strange problem. I have windows 2000 installed on my
    > computer. Disk 1 has 3 (c,d, e) 15 GB, and disk two (160 GB) have 3
    > partions (G,H,I). Till day before yesterday everything worked fine. But
    > all of sudden yesterday when I try to access H/phtos/ It said photos
    > folder is not accessible. Then I shut down the computer and restarted.
    > To my surprize H drive vanished and disappered. When I went to Windows
    > Disk information it says drive is free (no drive letter or something
    > like that).
    >
    > I have fix it utitilies. I saw using explore it also says 117 gb
    > (which is my H partition is free).
    >
    > I has all my years of data (personal memories etc...which I can't get
    > it else where).
    >
    > Please help in getting that data back.

    There is a free "PC Inspector File recovery". Download it, don't do anything
    with the drive until recovered.
    You need to buy or borrow a 2nd (3rd in your case) drive with enough room on
    a preferrably fat32-formatted partition to copy all your interesting data
    there. Take care of correct jumpering when you put it in, maybe instead of
    a cdrom drive.
    Do NOT run any chkdsk or other utilities until you recovered most of your
    data, also do not run harddrive stress tests until you are done saving
    data.

    > I suspect over heating of system?? is it possible? If so why my G and I
    > drives still showing? I have pccilling 2005 anti virus software.

    Most probably a partition sector got lost, but if so there is a good chance
    something else eroded from the plattern.
    Run harddrive test (webpage of manufacturor) AFTER you are ready with
    recovery.

    Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Feb 13, 2006
  6. Guest

    Thanks for your replies. First Of all I disconnected drive from usage.
    Now I am looking for good HD deals. I will get back once I have new HD.

    Walter Mautner wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > I have a strange problem. I have windows 2000 installed on my
    > > computer. Disk 1 has 3 (c,d, e) 15 GB, and disk two (160 GB) have 3
    > > partions (G,H,I). Till day before yesterday everything worked fine. But
    > > all of sudden yesterday when I try to access H/phtos/ It said photos
    > > folder is not accessible. Then I shut down the computer and restarted.
    > > To my surprize H drive vanished and disappered. When I went to Windows
    > > Disk information it says drive is free (no drive letter or something
    > > like that).
    > >
    > > I have fix it utitilies. I saw using explore it also says 117 gb
    > > (which is my H partition is free).
    > >
    > > I has all my years of data (personal memories etc...which I can't get
    > > it else where).
    > >
    > > Please help in getting that data back.
    > >

    > There is a free "PC Inspector File recovery". Download it, don't do anything
    > with the drive until recovered.
    > You need to buy or borrow a 2nd (3rd in your case) drive with enough room on
    > a preferrably fat32-formatted partition to copy all your interesting data
    > there. Take care of correct jumpering when you put it in, maybe instead of
    > a cdrom drive.
    > Do NOT run any chkdsk or other utilities until you recovered most of your
    > data, also do not run harddrive stress tests until you are done saving
    > data.
    >
    > > I suspect over heating of system?? is it possible? If so why my G and I
    > > drives still showing? I have pccilling 2005 anti virus software.
    > >

    > Most probably a partition sector got lost, but if so there is a good chance
    > something else eroded from the plattern.
    > Run harddrive test (webpage of manufacturor) AFTER you are ready with
    > recovery.
    >
    > --
    > vista policy violation: Microsoft optical mouse detected penguin patterns
    > on mousepad. Partition scan in progress to remove offending
    > incompatible products. Reactivate MS software.
    > Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    , Mar 1, 2006