My P O S :)

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by XhArD, Sep 13, 2005.

  1. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Figured i might aswellpost my piece of crap computer here, so here it is.
    AMD Sempron 3000+
    Asus K8N Mobo
    512MB DDR400
    GeCube Radeon X700
    Pioneer DVR-110D DVD Burner
    Leadtek TV2000 Video Capture/TV Tuner Card
    20GB IDE HDD :'(
    Codegen 6074ca Midi Tower
    Planning on buyin an 80GB Seagate SATA HDD in the next week along with another 512MB RAM. Ive got a pic or 2 of it, but they are seriously shotty quality. Since i dont have a camera or anything, i had to use my PS2 Eyetoy as a webcam and take some screenshots :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    check out my uber l33t led fan :p the window and fan were free, otherwise i wouldnt have them, im that cheap. i paid for the case without the window, but they had none left so they gave me that one :)
    EDIT: Got pics of my super uber l33t sound system too :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    by the way, those are spacebar things holding it up :p

    XhArD, Sep 13, 2005

  2. XhArD

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Nice pre mod and ghetto speakerage ;)

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 13, 2005

  3. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    yeah well, my sounds system is in my bedroom, id rather have it there. not tiled floor in my room, so no irritating echoes :) Also thinkin of mebe getting red led fan for the top fan slot and some glowy bits later.

    XhArD, Sep 13, 2005
  4. XhArD

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    hehe, u so need to put ur computer in your room....
    funny speaker :D

    unholy, Sep 13, 2005
  5. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    yeah, it rocks my socks ,\n/

    XhArD, Sep 13, 2005
  6. XhArD

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    mount it on your case :D then it will totally rock your socks :D

    unholy, Sep 14, 2005
  7. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    lan speaker :p and if i want to keep it ghetto, ill have to use string or something to hold it on, lol

    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005
  8. XhArD

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    "glowy bits" hehehe. :) Glowey bits are cool. :)
    As premods go I kinda like that, it's clean. I like a nice clean box. My using rig (the one I'm using now, not the chopper) is a Sony, nice black box, all clean lines, split into two sections with a glass mid part, it's a neat case, it's not even a premod, it's a factory built rig but I think it's one of the coolest looking ones made.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That's almost exactly what my rig looks like there, except I have the Logitech speakers and use the Sony's pictured there with my iPod.

    The Modfather, Sep 14, 2005
  9. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    that is such a cool case! :D Vaio logo n everything :)

    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005
  10. XhArD

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Does anybody know where Sony comes up with the names for its products though?
    Vaio, Wega, Clei? What the heck's with those names?

    The Modfather, Sep 14, 2005
  11. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Bad chinese Translations? :p

    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005
  12. XhArD

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Sony's a Japanese company dude. But I don't think it's a translation thing, I think the words mean something but I'll be damned if I know what.
    Ok, I found some things out (editing post here)
    VAIO is an acronym, it stands for: Video Audio Integrated Operation
    CLIE is also an acronym, it stands for: Communication, Link, Information & Entertainment.
    WEGA: It's a german audio-video company that Sony bought out.
    Hmm... Thanks dictionary.com and wikipedia. :)

    The Modfather, Sep 14, 2005
  13. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    i actually wasnt thinking because of the companys origin, i was just suggesting something at random.

    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005
  14. XhArD

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    random is good... now Mike get us some more information when did IT come into place (the word) and who thought of it :D
    thats ur homework for today :p
    Nice Computer :D

    unholy, Sep 15, 2005
  15. XhArD

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Ok...
    it ;
    O.E. hit, neut. nom. & acc. of third pers. sing. pronoun, from P.Gmc. demonstrative base *khi- (cf. O.Fris. hit, Du. het, Goth. hita "it"), which is also the root of he. As gender faded in M.E., it took on the meaning "thing or animal spoken about before." The h- was lost due to being in an unemphasized position, as in modern speech the h- in "give it to him," "ask her," "is only heard in the careful speech of the partially educated" [Weekley]. It "the sex act" is from 1611; meaning "sex appeal (especially in a woman)" first attested 1904 in works of Rudyard Kipling, popularized 1927 as title of a book by Elinor Glyn, and by application of It Girl to silent-film star Clara Bow (1905-1965). In children's games, meaning "the one who must tag the others" is attested from 1842.

    The Modfather, Sep 15, 2005
  16. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    so "It" was the root of He? So at some point in time, they decided to refer to each other as he instead of it. Can you find out when? thats your next nights homework :p

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  17. XhArD

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Since its origins stem from Middle English we need to then look at the origins of Middle English and from there we can derive a timeframe during which the word in its original use first occured.
    Middle English is the name given by historical philologists to the diverse forms of the English language spoken in England from around the 12th to the 15th centuries— from after the Norman invasion by William the Conqueror in 1066 to the mid to late 15th century, when the Chancery Standard, a form of London-based English, began to become widespread, a process aided by the introduction of the printing press into England by William Caxton in the 1470s. The language as spoken after this time is more commonly known as Early Modern English.
    So, we can then assume that the timeframe is between the 12th and 14th centuries.
    Next?

    The Modfather, Sep 15, 2005
  18. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Whatday of the week did "he" start? :p nah. where did you get thatanswer from? did you search for "origin of HE" or something? Answers.com?

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  19. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    OK, I've decided what to buy for my computer. Some time soon, within a week or two, i plan on buying an 80GB HDD and another 512MB RAM. I can get the HDD for $50 off my bro, so thats about $125 for those two. In December, after I've gone to New Zealand for a holiday, I'm probably going to buy an AMD 64 3000+. I would buy it sooner, but my computer is only about a month and a half old now. Which means i would have paid $135 for my Sempron, only to get a new CPU a month and a half later. I'll decide whether I'm going to buy a 64 or not later in the year. :) Problems: Heat. It'll be Spring when I get my 64, which is a 754 by the way. Even if it runs alright in the heat, I won't be able to overclock it without good cooling. Which brings up another problem; overclocking. Trying to overclock it on my cheap crappy Codegen 350 Watt PSU doesn't sound like a very good idea to me. Hopefully by the time I get around to buying the 64, price of either the CPU or the PSU will have gone down. Question for you kiddies now, should I bother getting better cooling and a gruntier PSU just to overclock it, or just leave it?

    XhArD, Sep 16, 2005
  20. XhArD

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Upgrade hard drive, yes. Upgrade ram, no. You wont notice enough of a performance increase on your system unless you play BF2 a lot. I run on generic 512 and it's fine for most of todays games. You should really get a more reliable power supply (not just a higer wattage one) before you get ram. A decent antec 350W will own a codegen and be fine for your uses. And don't get a socket 754, it's wasted money. They aren't continuing the line of 754 processors so you'd be better off to save a little extra and get a socket 939 if going A64 unless you want to buy another cpu and mobo within a year ;)

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 16, 2005