    Does anyone know of a fix for this? If I have to format the card will the
    card loose the Panoramic capability of this type of Olympus card?
    Thanks.
    M, Jul 22, 2007

  2. M

    Marvin Guest

    M wrote:
    > I have an Olympus SP-550UZ camera and have tried to transfer pictures from
    > the xD card to my PC. I have tried to use an Olympus xD USB adaptor since
    > this seemed the simplest way. Initially Explorer recognised the card, then
    > for no reason that I could see 'lost' it.
    > Device manager knows it is there and it appears in Disk Management as Disk 2
    > Removable (G:) No Media. This is the same on my XP machine and on my Vista
    > machine. I have tried an unbranded adaptor, an xD to SMC/SM adaptor. When
    > I put the card back in the Camera it wants to format it.
    > Does anyone know of a fix for this? If I have to format the card will the
    > card loose the Panoramic capability of this type of Olympus card?
    > Thanks.

    It might be a damaged FAT (file allocation table), which can
    happen if the camera is turned off while it is finishing
    writing to the card. You will lose the program file on the
    card that makes panoramic pix, but if you have another
    Olympus card, you can copy the file from it.
    Marvin, Jul 23, 2007

  3. M

    M Guest

    "Marvin" <> wrote in message
    >M wrote:
    >> I have an Olympus SP-550UZ camera and have tried to transfer pictures
    >> from the xD card to my PC. I have tried to use an Olympus xD USB adaptor
    >> since this seemed the simplest way. Initially Explorer recognised the
    >> card, then for no reason that I could see 'lost' it.
    >> Device manager knows it is there and it appears in Disk Management as
    >> Disk 2 Removable (G:) No Media. This is the same on my XP machine and on
    >> my Vista machine. I have tried an unbranded adaptor, an xD to SMC/SM
    >> adaptor. When I put the card back in the Camera it wants to format it.
    >> Does anyone know of a fix for this? If I have to format the card will
    >> the card loose the Panoramic capability of this type of Olympus card?
    >> Thanks.

    > It might be a damaged FAT (file allocation table), which can happen if the
    > camera is turned off while it is finishing writing to the card. You will
    > lose the program file on the card that makes panoramic pix, but if you
    > have another Olympus card, you can copy the file from it.

    Do you know what the file is called?
    M, Jul 23, 2007