    18
    $900NZD to build a comp, any suggestions?
    btw this does not include monitor, mouse, spkrs
    SynDR0m3, Jul 15, 2005

  2. SynDR0m3

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    amd64, socket 939 sli
    PUTALE, Jul 15, 2005

  3. SynDR0m3

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    I wouldn't waste my money on SLI right now, but AMD socket 939 would be a good choice. I would wait till the ATI cross fire is in the stores though, so you have all the choices open to you.
    Bio-Hazard, Jul 16, 2005
  4. SynDR0m3

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    just get a Single PCI-E, because it unlikely u are going to actually buy a Crossfire GPU, or a SLi GPu and link 2 :|
    unholy, Jul 16, 2005
  5. SynDR0m3

    mpcamer

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2005
    Messages:
    7
    Location:
    Danville Illinois
    I would say 3200 Venice and a DFI motherboard.. What are your prefrences on ATI/NVidia?
    mpcamer, Jul 17, 2005
  6. SynDR0m3

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    ok... so u want a good computah?
    i say something like
    3200/3000+ AMD 64 Venice (Skt 939)
    DFI Modo, porbably a Lan Party, just a single PCI-E
    and something like a x600pro or a x800xt something between there :D.
    and the rest is up to u :D
    unholy, Jul 17, 2005
  7. SynDR0m3

    SynDR0m3

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2005
    Messages:
    18
    ok well, m1k30rz has just convinced me to switch to ati/amd, seems like a good idea.
    SynDR0m3, Jul 18, 2005
  8. SynDR0m3

    SynDR0m3

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2005
    Messages:
    18
    oh btw unholy, i don't have $2000
    I HAVE NINE HUNDRED!!!
    SynDR0m3, Jul 18, 2005
  9. SynDR0m3

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    You could buy a pretty good compy with 900 bucks, just needa know where to look.
    Have a look at http://www.promax.co.nz, most systems they sell won't give you OS etc,
    but you can buy them for an extra amount of cash.
    They also sell good parts, cheap aswell, take a look :D
    Flukemanguy, Jul 18, 2005
  10. SynDR0m3

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    My piece together wasn't going to be over 900 NZ,i pieced it at 700 AU :|
    unholy, Jul 18, 2005
  11. SynDR0m3

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    Lmao, but would that give him a straight out working computer?
    Flukemanguy, Jul 19, 2005
  12. SynDR0m3

    unholy

    Joined: