My New Website Finally Finished

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Peakoverload, Dec 12, 2003.

  1. Peakoverload

    Peakoverload Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I've been into photography for about 3 years now and rapidly this has
    expanded from a hobby to an obsession!!

    I started off using a Fuji Finepix 4900 Zoom and then about 9 months
    ago I bought a Canon EOS-10D which I have to say, I LOVE!

    I seem to always have a camera in my hand and have now finally got
    around to building myself a web site.

    I'm certainly not the greatest photographer around and I doubt that I
    will ever 'set the world on fire' with any of my shots but I don't do
    it for recognition, purely for my own enjoyment.

    I would be grateful for any feedback you can give both positive and
    negative both on my photos and on my web site in general.

    My web site is a community portal one where people can submit there
    own pictures. My photographs are in the gallery with my name (clever
    huh ;-) )

    The web address is www.peakoverload.com

    Anyway I hope you like them.

    All the best

    Oliver Johnson

    Peakoverload, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Peakoverload

    SimonG Ltd. Guest

    "Peakoverload" <> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I've been into photography for about 3 years now and rapidly this has
    > expanded from a hobby to an obsession!!
    >
    > I started off using a Fuji Finepix 4900 Zoom and then about 9 months
    > ago I bought a Canon EOS-10D which I have to say, I LOVE!
    >
    > I seem to always have a camera in my hand and have now finally got
    > around to building myself a web site.
    >
    > I'm certainly not the greatest photographer around and I doubt that I
    > will ever 'set the world on fire' with any of my shots but I don't do
    > it for recognition, purely for my own enjoyment.
    >
    > I would be grateful for any feedback you can give both positive and
    > negative both on my photos and on my web site in general.
    >
    > My web site is a community portal one where people can submit there
    > own pictures. My photographs are in the gallery with my name (clever
    > huh ;-) )
    >
    > The web address is www.peakoverload.com
    >
    > Anyway I hope you like them.
    >
    > All the best

    I was going to take a look but I'm not going to register to do so . . .
    sorry . . .

    regards, SimonG

    SimonG Ltd., Dec 12, 2003

  3. Peakoverload

    Don F Guest

    "Peakoverload" <> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > Hi everyone,

    > I would be grateful for any feedback you can give both positive and
    > negative both on my photos and on my web site in general.

    > Anyway I hope you like them.
    > All the best
    > Oliver Johnson

    You ask for feedback from the group but the group must register to do so.
    Not very friendly.
    Don F

    Don F, Dec 12, 2003
  4. Peakoverload

    curious dude Guest

    Yes, please dont require us to go through one more registraiton process. we
    would love to see and take part, but........

    curious dude, Dec 12, 2003
  5. Peakoverload

    Alan D-W Guest

    "SimonG Ltd." <> wrote in message

    > I was going to take a look but I'm not going to register to do so . . .
    > sorry . . .
    >

    > regards, SimonG

    I can only agree. Sorry peakoverload, I have enough registrations to try to
    remember.
    Alan

    Alan D-W, Dec 12, 2003
  6. Peakoverload

    JohnO Guest

    I have to agree with the others ... very annoying having to go through 5
    different screens only to find out I can't view your photos unless I
    register.

    You said ... "I don't do it for recognition, purely for my own enjoyment."
    .... great way to avoid recognition :)

    JohnO, Dec 12, 2003
  7. Peakoverload

    Iconoclast Guest

    Register for what? Noway. Instant turn-off

    Font on your home page is too small.

    --
    Walter
    The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

    Iconoclast, Dec 12, 2003
  8. Peakoverload

    PhotoMan Guest

    Get back to us when you're willing to share freely - no sign-ups PLEASE!

    PhotoMan, Dec 12, 2003
  9. Peakoverload

    Peakoverload Guest

    Hey I'm sorry!!

    My mistake, I didn't realise that I had disabled anonymous viewing.

    It's fixed now.

    Oliver

    Peakoverload, Dec 12, 2003
  10. Peakoverload

    PhotoMan Guest

    > Hey I'm sorry!!
    >
    > My mistake, I didn't realise that I had disabled anonymous viewing.
    >
    > It's fixed now.
    >
    > Oliver

    Just signed up. I like the layout and premise of your site. Good luck - I'm
    off to look around and explore.
    Joe Arnold

    PhotoMan, Dec 12, 2003
  11. "Peakoverload" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Hey I'm sorry!!
    >
    > My mistake, I didn't realise that I had disabled anonymous viewing.
    >
    > It's fixed now.
    >
    > Oliver

    I was about to post if it was just me or the website was working pretty good
    for almost 90% without having to register...

    Of course there had to be an explanation of some sort...

    Nice site by the way: looks very sharp and community/users oriented.

    PS: clicking on the enlarged pictures in the members' photo gallery doesn't
    actually close the picture window as it's supposed to do.

    Bye and see y'all soon

    Fed-Kas

    Fedman Kassad, Dec 12, 2003
  12. "Peakoverload" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Hey I'm sorry!!
    >
    > My mistake, I didn't realise that I had disabled anonymous viewing.
    >
    > It's fixed now.
    >
    > Oliver

    Also nice to know you can get sucha nice website using only free tools and
    some good old hard work (since I suppose it must have taken you a while to
    build it up to the stage it is in now...)

    Keep up the good work then...

    Greetings...

    Col. Fedman Kassad

    Fedman Kassad, Dec 12, 2003
  13. Very cool site! Congrats on getting it all together!

    I'll check it out in detail and post as comments come up.

    Pretty cool, man, pretty cool.

    Paul D. Sullivan, Dec 13, 2003
  14. Peakoverload

    Peakoverload Guest

    Cheers Paul.

    It took me a while to work out the correct format of how I wanted it
    all to function and I have several more plans and features to put into
    action in the next few weeks or so. I don't want to reveal anything
    too soon in case some of the ideas are beyond my capabilities as a web
    designer but so far its all looking very hopeful.

    Peakoverload, Dec 14, 2003
  15. Peakoverload

    PhotoMan Guest

    > Very cool site! Congrats on getting it all together!
    >
    > I'll check it out in detail and post as comments come up.
    >
    > Pretty cool, man, pretty cool.

    I feel good about kinda getting in on the ground floor there (so to speak).
    The site has a lot of potential, and Oliver is staying on top of things. A
    few little bugs yet, but worth our time to follow his progress.
    Joe

    PhotoMan, Dec 14, 2003