My New Scoot

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by §ñühw¤£f, Sep 8, 2009.

  1. §ñühw¤£f, Sep 8, 2009

  2. §ñühw¤£f

    philo Guest

    nobody > wrote:
    > philo wrote:
    >> §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >>> Its da bomb...well...with the right fuel mixture anythings possible.
    >>> But it'll do like 90 on the straightaways, yo.
    >>>
    >>> yamaha mx 100 !!!!!!!!!!11111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>>

    >> When I was in the army (a million years ago)
    >> a buddy of mine had a Yamaha

    >> it was weird in that if you pulled the plug from the headlight assembly
    >> you could start the thing without a key.
    >> he let my try it out once and I did not know what the hell I was doing...
    >> I popped the clutch and gave it way too much gas.
    >> did a wheelie with forks off to the side at maybe a 30 degree angle
    >> and quite high.
    >> Luckily the thing went forward in a straight line and I eventually set
    >> it down safely.
    >> (needless to say I scared the shit out of myself)
    >> I think all the guys in the unit thought I was showing off some trick
    >> I had perfected
    >> that was 1970 and I don't think I've ever drive a motorcycle since

    > Funny how motorcycles and the military seem to mix.
    >
    > I was going thru USAF tech school at Keesler AFB/ Biloxi MS. back in 69.
    > I scored a "free ride" gig by helping one of the senior NCO instructors
    > ferry his small fleet of rental bikes (mostly 90cc Kawasakis) out to the
    > beach on weekends and evenings. I'd also take those bikes to the
    > dealer's shop for repairs.
    >
    > One weekend, things were slow. The Kawi dealer had gotten in his first
    > 500cc triples, and wanted someone with some background to take one out
    > and get some break-in miles on it before it went out on the floor and
    > taken for test rides. I was handed $10 (lotsa money then!) for gas and
    > food and told to put as many miles on it as my butt could stand.
    >
    > It was getting late, and I was on (then) US 90 (now Beach Boulevard)
    > headed back. There was a "lookie-lou" beachbunny ogler going about 25 in
    > the right lane in front of me, and the left lane was doing about 50.
    >
    > I hadn't really opened up the Kwacker 500 before that...
    >
    > I dropped 2 gears and grabbed a handful of throttle to pass...
    >
    > The front end of that thing reached for the sky.. big time!
    >
    > Somehow, I managed to move over into the left lane with the front end up
    > and got the front end back down and straight.
    >
    > I didn't "brown out" my BVDs, but there was definitely a funny peak in
    > the seat upholstery from the pucker factor.

    !!!!!

    Yep

    as to the ten bucks

    that was a decent amount of cash

    back then a sp4 made $249 a month
    philo, Sep 9, 2009

  3. Rôgêr <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    >§ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >> Its da bomb...well...with the right fuel mixture anythings possible.
    >> But it'll do like 90 on the straightaways, yo.
    >>
    >> yamaha mx 100 !!!!!!!!!!11111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    >This article is about what so far has been my one and only motorcycle,

    >rather modest 350cc I thought when I bought it:
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/ntlm62
    >
    >I regularly scared myself on it. On many occasions I caught myself

    doing
    >over 100MPH in rush hour traffic. I could outrun a friend's Datsun

    240Z
    >which pissed him off no end.

    The four was built as a street legal cafe racer inspired machine.
    I had a CL 350 Twin. THose were dogs. Reliable? Sure, but not zippy.
    Wish I still had it though.
    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 9, 2009
  4. fphilo <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    >§ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >> Its da bomb...well...with the right fuel mixture anythings possible.
    >> But it'll do like 90 on the straightaways, yo.
    >>
    >> yamaha mx 100 !!!!!!!!!!11111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>

    >When I was in the army (a million years ago)
    >
    >a buddy of mine had a Yamaha
    >

    >it was weird in that if you pulled the plug from the headlight

    assembly

    >you could start the thing without a key.

    That is weird.

    >he let my try it out once and I did not know what the hell I was
    >doing...
    > I popped the clutch and gave it way too much gas.

    Uh oh.

    >did a wheelie with forks off to the side at maybe a 30 degree angle

    and
    >quite high.
    >
    >Luckily the thing went forward in a straight line and I eventually set
    >it down safely.
    >
    >(needless to say I scared the shit out of myself)
    >
    >I think all the guys in the unit thought I was showing off some trick

    >had perfected
    >

    > that was 1970 and I don't think I've ever drive a motorcycle since

    First experiences are important. My first bike ride was when I was 7
    and on a friends minibike.
    Right then and there I knew it was the absolute kewlest thing I'd ever
    done in my life.

    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 9, 2009