    Any information would be much appreciated.
    Regards,
    Roy.

    Roy, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Roy wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I'm quite a novice in this area & request some information. I'm running
    > Windows XP, fully patched and I have found the following.
    >
    > When I click on the "My Network Places" icon on the desktop. Under the
    > Internet section I have a folder called ftp.cs.unm.edu When I click on it,
    > I get access to some folders with assorted information within them.
    >
    > Where did it come from & has my security been breached?
    >
    > Any information would be much appreciated.
    > Regards,
    > Roy.

    It depends, have you ever downloaded anything from that ftp site? or
    have you ever typed in ftp.cs.unm.edu/filename.extension? If so, XP
    remembers it and keeps it there.

    helium_no underscores_high, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Roy

    Roy Guest

    Hi Helium, thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have just looked in some of
    the folders (which contains personal work) and found a small programme that
    I did download. I guess you are right about windows adding into my "Network
    Places"

    Thanks again.
    Roy.
    "helium_no underscores_high" <"helium_no underscores_high"@coxDOT.com> wrote
    in message news:eRtYb.532$o52.317@fed1read02...

    Roy, Feb 18, 2004
  4. Roy

    Linda Guest

    Yes it does and I find it annoying - do everything for us plaese because we
    are to stupid to figure it out. Well some of us are - still having to
    delete the mappings it sets up is a pain in the rear or rather the mouse
    finger.
    my 2 cents.
    Linda

    Linda, Feb 19, 2004