My London trip pics are up...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Brian C. Baird, Jan 7, 2005.

  1. Brian C. Baird, Jan 7, 2005

  2. Brian C. Baird

    Mark Roberts Guest

    Mark Roberts, Jan 8, 2005

  3. In article <>, says...
    > Brian C. Baird <> wrote:
    >
    > >...you have been warned.
    > >
    > >http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/london_20042005

    > Some nice stuff. Fun captions :)

    Thanks. I'm glad some of the pictures actually turned out OK,
    considering my focus often wasn't on photography. Still wish I had
    bought a carbon fiber tripod before I left - there were a lot of photo
    opportunities missed for lack of tripod.
    --
    http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

    Brian C. Baird, Jan 8, 2005
  4. Brian C. Baird

    Tom Randy Guest

    Tom Randy, Jan 9, 2005
  5. Brian C. Baird

    Mark Roberts Guest

    Brian C. Baird <> wrote:

    >Thanks. I'm glad some of the pictures actually turned out OK,
    >considering my focus often wasn't on photography. Still wish I had
    >bought a carbon fiber tripod before I left - there were a lot of photo
    >opportunities missed for lack of tripod.

    I'm looking for a CF tripod myself. Do you have a particular one in
    mind? I've just started doing research and haven't settled on one yet so
    I'm anxious to hear other's experiences and recommendations.

    --
    Mark Roberts
    Photography and writing

    Mark Roberts, Jan 9, 2005
  6. In article <>,
    says...
    > On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 23:56:11 +0000, Brian C. Baird wrote:
    >
    > > ...you have been warned.
    > >
    > > http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/london_20042005

    > Thanks for the images! Someday *I* want to go to England too.

    I suggest you wait until we have a government with some balls that isn't
    too concerned with "saving" US manufacturing jobs at the expense of our
    currency. Prices that would have been reasonable at a 1.5-1.6 exchange
    rate were just AWFUL at a 2-2.1 exchange rate.
    --
    http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

    Brian C. Baird, Jan 9, 2005
  7. In article <>, says...
    > >Thanks. I'm glad some of the pictures actually turned out OK,
    > >considering my focus often wasn't on photography. Still wish I had
    > >bought a carbon fiber tripod before I left - there were a lot of photo
    > >opportunities missed for lack of tripod.

    > I'm looking for a CF tripod myself. Do you have a particular one in
    > mind? I've just started doing research and haven't settled on one yet so
    > I'm anxious to hear other's experiences and recommendations.

    I was going to get one of the SLIK compacts or something similar. I
    don't need the best quality - I've got a decent Bogen if I need
    ruggedness - it's just a bit large if I want to wander with it.
    --
    http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

    Brian C. Baird, Jan 9, 2005
  8. Brian C. Baird

    Guest

    Where do you live? I live in London and I'll do you a swap :)

    , Jan 9, 2005
  9. Brian C. Baird

    Chris Brown Guest

    In article <>,
    Brian C. Baird <> wrote:
    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >> On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 23:56:11 +0000, Brian C. Baird wrote:
    >>
    >> > ...you have been warned.
    >> >
    >> > http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/london_20042005

    >> Thanks for the images! Someday *I* want to go to England too.

    >I suggest you wait until we have a government with some balls that isn't
    >too concerned with "saving" US manufacturing jobs at the expense of our
    >currency. Prices that would have been reasonable at a 1.5-1.6 exchange
    >rate were just AWFUL at a 2-2.1 exchange rate.

    I feel for you, but conversely, it's going to make my two planned US
    holidays this year *really* cheap. Pay for the flights, and everything else
    is practically free!

    Chris Brown, Jan 9, 2005
  10. In article <>,
    _uce_please.com says...
    > >I suggest you wait until we have a government with some balls that isn't
    > >too concerned with "saving" US manufacturing jobs at the expense of our
    > >currency. Prices that would have been reasonable at a 1.5-1.6 exchange
    > >rate were just AWFUL at a 2-2.1 exchange rate.

    > I feel for you, but conversely, it's going to make my two planned US
    > holidays this year *really* cheap. Pay for the flights, and everything else
    > is practically free!

    Yeah, yeah. Things are just great if you're paid in Euros or Pounds.
    --
    http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

    Brian C. Baird, Jan 9, 2005