    a couple of weeks ago. I can't figure out why I am having this
    problem now. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    , May 24, 2007

  2. Lem Guest

    Re: My laptop won't connect to my home wireless network, but it willconnect to other wireless networks.

    wrote:
    > That sums up the problem.
    > I'm using Windows XP. My home wireless router is made by Microsoft
    > (can't remember the model but I bought it about three years ago). I
    > was able to connect to my home wireless network without problems until
    > a couple of weeks ago. I can't figure out why I am having this
    > problem now. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

    What happened just before the problem started?

    Can you see "your network" in the list of available networks? If so,
    what happens when you try to connect?

    Can you connect to your wireless network with any other computer?

    Can you connect to the router with an Ethernet cable and (a) browse the
    Internet and (b) access the router's configuration utility?

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking

    Lem, May 24, 2007