    Visit www.MCNGP.com for a chance to win!
    Good judgement comes from bad experience.
    Alot of that comes from bad judgement...

    kpg, Jan 12, 2005

  2. >I mean really...this is stupid.

    yes!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 12, 2005

  3. kpg

    kpg Guest

    >>I mean really...this is stupid.
    >
    > yes!

    well at least we can agree on this

    kpg, Jan 12, 2005
  4. kpg

    kpg Guest

    >>> yes!
    >>>

    >>well at least we can agree on this

    > only one this??

    Yes. That is how my day is going.

    kpg, Jan 12, 2005
  5. >>>I mean really...this is stupid.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 12, 2005
  6. >> only one this??

    for one moment I thought I was master yoda....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 12, 2005
  7. >>>>>I mean really...this is stupid.

    >>>well at least we can agree on this

    >> only one this??
    >>

    >Yes. That is how my day is going.

    <select name='KlineSphere'>
    <option selected='selected'>kpg</option>
    <option>Sorry</option>
    <option>You</option>
    <option>Are</option>
    <option>Having</option>
    <option>A</option>
    <option>Bad</option>
    <option>Day</option>
    <option>My</option>
    <option>Friend</option>
    </select>

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 12, 2005
  8. kpg

    kpg Guest

    > <select name='KlineSphere'>
    > <option selected='selected'>kpg</option>
    > <option>Sorry</option>
    > <option>You</option>
    > <option>Are</option>
    > <option>Having</option>
    > <option>A</option>
    > <option>Bad</option>
    > <option>Day</option>
    > <option>My</option>
    > <option>Friend</option>
    > </select>

    Cute...

    But it doesn't 'combo' very well, now does it?

    kpg, Jan 12, 2005
  9. kpg

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:%23bF4oNN%,
    kpg <> rambled:
    >> <select name='KlineSphere'>
    >> <option selected='selected'>kpg</option>
    >> <option>Sorry</option>
    >> <option>You</option>
    >> <option>Are</option>
    >> <option>Having</option>
    >> <option>A</option>
    >> <option>Bad</option>
    >> <option>Day</option>
    >> <option>My</option>
    >> <option>Friend</option>
    >> </select>

    > Cute...
    >
    > But it doesn't 'combo' very well, now does it?

    Then how about:

    <select name="menu" size="3" multiple>
    <option value="1">Try</option>
    <option value="2">this</option>
    <option value="3">you</option>
    <option value="4">tool</option>
    </select>
    </form>

    : )

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    nerd32768 needs your business. Visit www.mcngp.com today.

    Ken Briscoe, Jan 12, 2005
  10. >Cute...

    >But it doesn't 'combo' very well, now does it?

    I take it you want the 'edit' portion of the combination box to be
    editable?

    If so, then yes this can be done, there are number of examples
    scattered through the web which use scrip & styles. I believe I saw an
    example on the msdn a few years back.

    Any probs let me know.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 12, 2005
  11. kpg

    kpg Guest

    See? You only have to ask nice.

    Yes. I want the textbox portion to be editable.

    Seems like a simple enough request. I tried:

    ProgStudios.com (cant set focus)
    Metabuilders.com (looks good, but has build errors)
    <several others>...

    still working on it...

    Thanks.

    kpg, Jan 12, 2005
  12. kpg wrote:
    > See? You only have to ask nice.
    >
    > Yes. I want the textbox portion to be editable.
    >
    > Seems like a simple enough request. I tried:
    >
    > ProgStudios.com (cant set focus)
    > Metabuilders.com (looks good, but has build errors)
    > <several others>...
    >
    > still working on it...
    >
    > Thanks.

    Are you looking for an ActiveX control?

    I use True DB List myself, but if you're leaning towards ActiveX, there are
    probably dozens of free ones out there.

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jan 12, 2005
  13. kpg

    Doom Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > kpg wrote:
    >> See? You only have to ask nice.
    >>
    >> Yes. I want the textbox portion to be editable.
    >>
    >> Seems like a simple enough request. I tried:
    >>
    >> ProgStudios.com (cant set focus)
    >> Metabuilders.com (looks good, but has build errors)
    >> <several others>...
    >>
    >> still working on it...
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > Are you looking for an ActiveX control?
    >
    > I use True DB List myself, but if you're leaning towards ActiveX, there
    > are
    > probably dozens of free ones out there.

    This thread is off topic for the group.

    hahahahaha sorry I couldn't help myself. As if anything is ever ON TOPIC
    here.

    Doom, Jan 12, 2005
  14. kpg

    kpg Guest

    > This thread is off topic for the group.
    >
    > hahahahaha sorry I couldn't help myself. As if anything is ever ON TOPIC
    > here.

    yes.

    It's not me you understand...

    I could care less about a 'true' combobox. It's my boss.

    I tried to explain to him that the rapid development tenet
    of "code to tools' means you use what the tools offer and
    deploy quickly. We are already about a month behind on this
    little project...

    kp "i hate web programming" g

    kpg, Jan 12, 2005
  15. kpg

    kpg Guest

    non activex would be nice...

    we are using asp.net

    I tried reading up on element behaviours...

    that will make you go insane.

    kpg, Jan 12, 2005
  16. kpg

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:%23$IHnTO%,
    kpg <> rambled:
    > non activex would be nice...
    >
    > we are using asp.net
    >
    > I tried reading up on element behaviours...
    >
    > that will make you go insane.

    Hmmm...so you want a combobox, but you want the users to enter the data into
    it, as opposed to them selecting it?

    Maybe try a textarea box, then processing that as an array? Not pretty, but
    you might be able to make it work. Or, alternatively, you could use a bunch
    of text fields and processing them individually. Not pretty, but better than
    the textarea thing...

    Ken Briscoe, Jan 12, 2005
  17. kpg

    kpg Guest

    Yeah, well...

    I ended up adding a textbox, a button and a list and a little javascript
    click on the button and show the list
    click on the list and move the list item into the textybox then hide the
    list
    on list keypress do that fancy look ahead thing against the options

    give it the programmers and tell them - replace what you've got with these
    three elements and this java.

    i wash my hands of the whole ugly affair...

    kpg, Jan 12, 2005