    Could anyone guide me how to do it.
    Thanking in advance.
    vut

    vut, Jun 28, 2004

  2. vut

    Patrick Guest

    What is your ISP's name. And also wat is the ******.com part of your email
    address

    Patrick, Jun 28, 2004

  3. vut

    Keith Guest

    On 28 Jun 2004 10:37:42 -0700, vut wrote:

    > I do not know why am I not in a position to access
    > secnews.netscape.com or msnews.microsoft.com newsserver when I
    > configure Netscape or Outlook Express for the same----I get Unable to
    > connect to the server for OE and in Netscape I get: Connection to the
    > server secnews.netscape.com or msnews.microsoft.com
    > timed out.
    > My IP says "please note we do not support news group servers
    > for e-mail configuration through Outlook Express."
    >
    > I would not like to access the newsgroups through webbased method but
    > instead want to access through a news reader?
    > Could anyone guide me how to do it.
    > Thanking in advance.
    > vut

    If your ISP blocks those ports then get a new ISP or subscribe
    to a newsserver that allows port 80 connects.

    --
    Best Regards, Keith http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page
    Tried of Virus, Spyware, Adware and Popups? Switch To Mozilla Web

    Keith, Jun 29, 2004
  4. vut

    vut Guest

    My ISP is sifybroadband. veshno is the other part.
    vut

    vut, Jun 29, 2004
  5. vut

    Williams Guest

    > > What is your ISP's name. And also wat is the ******.com part of your

    email
    > > address
    > > "vut" <> wrote in message
    > > > I do not know why am I not in a position to access
    > > > secnews.netscape.com or msnews.microsoft.com newsserver when I
    > > > configure Netscape or Outlook Express for the same----I get Unable to
    > > > connect to the server for OE and in Netscape I get: Connection to the
    > > > server secnews.netscape.com or msnews.microsoft.com
    > > > timed out.
    > > > My IP says "please note we do not support news group servers
    > > > for e-mail configuration through Outlook Express."
    > > >
    > > > I would not like to access the newsgroups through webbased method but
    > > > instead want to access through a news reader?
    > > > Could anyone guide me how to do it.
    > > > Thanking in advance.
    > > > vut

    Try these:
    secnews.netscape.com Port: 563
    msnews.microsoft.com Port: 119
    http://www.iss.net/security_center/advice/Exploits/Ports/default.htm

    Tools | Accounts | News | Add | Add News

    Williams, Jun 29, 2004
  6. vut

    vut Guest

    "Williams" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "vut" <> wrote in message
    > > My ISP is sifybroadband. veshno is the other part.
    > > vut
    > >
    > > "Patrick" <> wrote in message

    > > > What is your ISP's name. And also wat is the ******.com part of your

    > email
    > > > address
    > > > "vut" <> wrote in message

    > Try these:
    > secnews.netscape.com Port: 563
    > msnews.microsoft.com Port: 119
    > http://www.iss.net/security_center/advice/Exploits/Ports/default.htm
    >
    > Tools | Accounts | News | Add | Add News

    I have already tried these very ports. It is not port problem. The IP
    says that they do not support news group servers for e-mail
    configuration through Outlook Express.

    vut, Jul 1, 2004
  7. vut

    Boomer Guest

    (vut) wrote:

    > "Williams" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    >> Try these:
    >> secnews.netscape.com Port: 563
    >> msnews.microsoft.com Port: 119
    >> http://www.iss.net/security_center/advice/Exploits/Ports/default
    >> .htm
    >>
    >> Tools | Accounts | News | Add | Add News

    > I have already tried these very ports. It is not port problem.
    > The IP says that they do not support news group servers for
    > e-mail configuration through Outlook Express.

    <scratches head> What has your ISP got to do with connecting to
    those news servers? They don't have anything to do with your ISP.
    You should be able to get online then connect to those news servers.

    What happens when you set up OE or Netscape to those servers with
    those port #'s??

    Boomer, Jul 2, 2004
  8. vut

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer <> wrote:

    > (vut) wrote:
    >
    >> "Williams" <> wrote in message

    > [snip]

    [snip]
    >>> Try these:
    >>> secnews.netscape.com Port: 563
    >>> msnews.microsoft.com Port: 119

    Just for grins I tried these.
    msnews.microsoft.com Port: 119 was okay and I got 2,284 groups.

    This may be of help to you for the "secnews.netscape.com"
    http://www.google.com/groups?q= "secnews.netscape"&hl=en&lr=lang_
    en&ie=UTF-
    8&safe=off&scoring=d&selm=cbunkt%249s42%40ripley.netscape.com&rnum=4

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?I20F223B8

    Boomer, Jul 2, 2004