My install was smooth as butter...SLI & Printers?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q0pN?=, Jun 1, 2005.

  1. I installed the OEM version of XP-64 on my home PC. I had downloaded 64-bit
    drivers for my motherboard, SATA and graphics card before I attempted the
    installation and had no issues.

    HOWEVER. Now that it is installed, I feel like I did when I ran Linux. 80%
    of my apps run without any problem...but lack of driver support for my
    printers, webcams, etc. has been difficult. My secure jump drive is useless
    from home. THAT's scary.

    I did get my Sony Cybershot T-33 working...as wells as a few apps that the
    manufacturers said are "not supported."

    My questions...

    I'm about to add a second BFG 6800 ultra...and don't seem to be able to find
    definitive information about...but is anyone succesfully running an SLI setup
    on XP 64?

    My Samsung 550N color laser printer is due to show up any day. Anyone have
    a way to get that working?

    All-in-all, it's rock solid and flies right along. The full version blows
    the RC away.
    --
    AMD FX-55
    2 GB Corsair Pro

    =?Utf-8?B?Q0pN?=, Jun 1, 2005

  2. No SLI drivers yet, but promised soon, last I heard. Samsung -- nothing from
    them at all at this point. On the other hand, it does postscipt so you should
    be able to get at least basic functionality out of it.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 1, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q0pN?=

    Gasman Guest

    Planet AMD64 has just posted Nvidia drivers for SLI support. Forceware 7680.

    Gasman, Jun 2, 2005
  4. excellent, I hadn't noticed. (wonder if they do RSS feeds?)

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 2, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q0pN?=

    tawpgk Guest

    Might be time to install another card. Any word on Riddick and SLI?

    --
    Tom

    tawpgk, Jun 2, 2005