    sending to these addresses, which may not be real, and then I'm getting the
    rejection notices.

    What do I do?
    ~~AAJakeleg, Sep 3, 2003

  2. ~~AAJakeleg

    Kraftee Guest

    ~~AAJakeleg wrote:
    > I get about 15 rejected emails from addresses that I have never
    > seen. They all say that an email was undeliverable from my
    > address? Anyone know what this is?
    >
    > My guess is that someone with my name in their computer has a virus
    > and is sending to these addresses, which may not be real, and then
    > I'm getting the rejection notices.
    >
    > What do I do?

    Delete them, not a lot else you can do...

    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....
    Kraftee, Sep 3, 2003

  3. ~~AAJakeleg

    PhilÅ Guest

    Basically they are junk messages, that the sender as used your proper email
    addy as the return path. Really frustrating, I sometimes get people replying
    to ME with a moan using the return path.

    PhilÅ, Sep 3, 2003
  4. ~~AAJakeleg

    Rockman59 Guest

    My guess is that someone with my name in their computer has a virus and is
    sending to these addresses
    That's what is happening....I am averaging about 40 of these bogus emails
    per day.
    Rockman59, Sep 3, 2003
  5. ~~AAJakeleg

    Guest

    On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 16:51:11 +0100, "Kraftee"
    <> wrote:

    > ~~AAJakeleg wrote:
    >> I get about 15 rejected emails from addresses that I have never
    >> seen. They all say that an email was undeliverable from my
    >> address? Anyone know what this is?
    >>
    >> My guess is that someone with my name in their computer has a virus
    >> and is sending to these addresses, which may not be real, and then
    >> I'm getting the rejection notices.
    >>
    >> What do I do?

    >Delete them, not a lot else you can do...

    Too bad there *isn't* more that innocent people
    can do to protect themselves.

    I had the same experience! Went on for weeks.
    Not funny, having my good name ruined (at that
    time I was still innocent enough to use my real
    email address).

    Not pleasant, living in an electronic 1984!
    I am a lifelong civil libertarian, but sometimes I wonder
    if the First Amendment doesn't need some fine tuning
    to deal with this savage Brave New World.

    --

    CowardlyLion
    , Sep 3, 2003
  6. ~~AAJakeleg

    trout Guest

    ~~AAJakeleg wrote:

    > I get about 15 rejected emails from addresses that I have never seen.
    > They all say that an email was undeliverable from my address? Anyone
    > know what this is?
    >
    > My guess is that someone with my name in their computer has a virus
    > and is sending to these addresses, which may not be real, and then
    > I'm getting the rejection notices.
    >
    > What do I do?

    You could look at the original headers of the 'returned' mail to see
    if you can determine where it actually came from. If you can at least
    figure the ISP; they may be able to trace the infected machine that is
    spoofing you (or the offending party that is *forging* you).
    If you can't decipher the headers, you could 'x-out' your real
    address, and post them 'here'.
    --
    "Possibly, someone could help you."
    trout, Sep 3, 2003