    If you have a solution to this problem I will be delighted.
    TIA,
    Leo

    LEO THOMPSON, Mar 4, 2004

  2. LEO THOMPSON

    Basket Case Guest

    "LEO THOMPSON" <> wrote in message
    news:j_O1c.13590$...
    > Hi, Group, hope someone can help me.
    >

    > I've developed a serious problem as the result of a virus, I think.
    > I think my Freedom Anti-Virus program may have deleted a file it couldn't
    > disinfect. The file, iexplore.exe, has been deleted, or something. I still
    > have my Netscape browser but many of my files need Explorer to open.
    > I reinstalled my Win98SE, hoping the Internet Explorer would be

    reinstalled,
    > also. This did not happen.
    > I downloaded IE6 from Microsoft but I couldn't complete the operation. I

    was
    > advised, by a pop up board, that I would have to clear my IE cache. I fail
    > to understand how I can do that since I'm unable to access IE.
    > If you have a solution to this problem I will be delighted.
    > TIA,
    > Leo

    You only need to post it once. Try downloading and reinstalling Internet
    Explorer.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.asp

    -BC

    Basket Case, Mar 5, 2004

  3. LEO THOMPSON

    AOL.com Guest

    Greetings,
    It's not a fix but this will give you access to iexplore.exe.
    Go to start, search and type in iexplore.exe. It most likely is in the system
    somewhere. When it is found create a shortcut to your desktop.
    I had this same problem due to a flurry of deleting by me. In other words I
    caused my own problems.
    A few nights later I reinstalled win 98 and all was well again. I fixed the
    problem but have no idea how.
    Richard

    AOL.com, Mar 6, 2004
  4. LEO THOMPSON

    LEO THOMPSON Guest

    Tried search. No iexplore.exe file found.
    Thanks, Richard.

    LEO THOMPSON, Mar 6, 2004