    1.4TB 750GB for PS3, and 750GB for Linux!

    My other HD devices reside with it as well.

    I hope you have a hanky for the drool!

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 23, 2007

  2. ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:
    > I have a 1.4TB Sony PS3 set up now. Pics are on:
    >
    > abse (alt.binaries.schematics.electronic) they take OT posts all the
    > time. Mostly idiots posting pics of their dinner.
    >
    > and abpm (alt.binaries.pictures.misc)
    >
    > This depicts the RIGHT WAY to setup the PS3 with expanded drive
    > capacity, as one gets a 3.5" drive, which is WAY faster than a 2.5"
    > laptop drive, as well as removing the drive's generated heat from the PS3
    > case, as well as the heat that would have been generated providing the
    > laptop drive with power.
    >
    > 1.4TB 750GB for PS3, and 750GB for Linux!
    >
    > My other HD devices reside with it as well.

    Oh-dear...Your-old-school-tech-is-way-cool-er-than-the-PS3-I
    -use-to-watch-my-Blu-Ray-disk-of-...

    -_-

    (Aww, I can't go through with it--
    Remember when he used to be more *interesting* than just an AV-club geek
    who thought we cared about weird old stuff?)

    Derek Janssen (it's a loss to the group, yes, but we'll get over it)

    Derek Janssen, Oct 23, 2007

  3. On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 05:52:02 GMT, Derek Janssen
    <> wrote:

    >ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:
    >> I have a 1.4TB Sony PS3 set up now. Pics are on:
    >>
    >> abse (alt.binaries.schematics.electronic) they take OT posts all the
    >> time. Mostly idiots posting pics of their dinner.
    >>
    >> and abpm (alt.binaries.pictures.misc)
    >>
    >> This depicts the RIGHT WAY to setup the PS3 with expanded drive
    >> capacity, as one gets a 3.5" drive, which is WAY faster than a 2.5"
    >> laptop drive, as well as removing the drive's generated heat from the PS3
    >> case, as well as the heat that would have been generated providing the
    >> laptop drive with power.
    >>
    >> 1.4TB 750GB for PS3, and 750GB for Linux!
    >>
    >> My other HD devices reside with it as well.

    >Oh-dear...Your-old-school-tech-is-way-cool-er-than-the-PS3-I
    >-use-to-watch-my-Blu-Ray-disk-of-...

    Old school? You're an idiot.

    HD DVD is a NEW format, dipshit. Blu Ray is a NEW format, dipshit.

    Keeping the PS3 cooler by putting the HD OUTSIDE of the case is MODERN
    Physics, idiot!

    The HDs are perpendicular mode, high end NEW devices.

    An 8800GTS is a NEW video card.

    The Philips HDMI player is a NEW disc reader.

    The Sony 5 disc changer is the only old piece of hardware in the stack,
    and it is far newer than the horseshit you spew.

    >-_-
    >
    >(Aww, I can't go through with it--

    You're too retarded to come up with any new material. With you, it is
    always the same old shit.

    >Remember when he used to be more *interesting* than just an AV-club geek
    >who thought we cared about weird old stuff?)

    Except there was/is nothing weird or old about what I showed, you
    retarded ****.

    >Derek Janssen (it's a loss to the group, yes, but we'll get over it)

    So says the self proclaimed know-it-all of the group that really doesn't
    know much at all.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 23, 2007
  4. ChairmanOfTheBored

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    ChairmanOfTheBored <> wrote:
    > >Oh-dear...Your-old-school-tech-is-way-cool-er-than-the-PS3-I
    > >-use-to-watch-my-Blu-Ray-disk-of-...

    > Old school? You're an idiot.

    > HD DVD is a NEW format, dipshit. Blu Ray is a NEW format, dipshit.

    His post was being sarcastic, dipshit.

    > Keeping the PS3 cooler by putting the HD OUTSIDE of the case is MODERN
    > Physics, idiot!

    As if the PS3 has overheating problems with the drive being on the inside?

    Why haven't you installed liquid cooling for your PS3 if heat and "MODERN
    Physics" are such a concern to you?

    > The HDs are perpendicular mode, high end NEW devices.

    Who cares? - can you honestly say you're going to need 750GB of space for
    PS3-related downloads?

    > An 8800GTS is a NEW video card.

    Who cares? It's still slower than the one inside the 360.

    > The Philips HDMI player is a NEW disc reader.

    Who cares? I have a upscaling DVD player too with HDMI, but you don't see
    me doing the "hey look at 'lack-of-penis' AV stack!" BS posts you are.

    Do you even have time to enjoy your phallus replacement? I mean, you
    spend an awful lot of time here. Just saying, that's all...

    > The Sony 5 disc changer is the only old piece of hardware in the stack,
    > and it is far newer than the horseshit you spew.

    Who cares? Why are you using that old thing at all? Doesn't just looking
    at its outdated visage just cause your skin to burn?

    --
    It's not broken. It's...advanced.

    Doug Jacobs, Oct 23, 2007
  5. On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    wrote:

    >As if the PS3 has overheating problems with the drive being on the inside?

    The PS3 runs quite hot, drive or no drive. No drive certainly means
    cooler running. Do you really need to do any math?

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 23, 2007
  6. On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    wrote:

    >Why haven't you installed liquid cooling for your PS3 if heat and "MODERN
    >Physics" are such a concern to you?

    How do you know that I won't?

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 23, 2007
  7. On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    wrote:

    >Who cares? - can you honestly say you're going to need 750GB of space for
    >PS3-related downloads?

    Purchased, DISC based games typically utilize 6 to ten GB of HD space
    each. I can also DIVX, and then re-code my current DVD collection to
    play on the PS3 from the hard drive, as well as my HD DVD collection.
    Very much the same way I can make a 1GB file from one of my DVDs for my
    PS3. Exactly the same, in fact.

    It also hold Photos, and MP3s, Etc., Etc.

    The drives were right at $100 each with a 5 year warranty. More than
    that for the chincy, slow access, low capacity laptop drives it comes
    with.

    Were you born yesterday, boy?

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 23, 2007
  8. On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    wrote:

    >> An 8800GTS is a NEW video card.

    >Who cares? It's still slower than the one inside the 360.

    No, it isn't, and the card I mentioned is the card in my PC, not the
    PS3, console war boy.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 23, 2007
  9. On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    wrote:

    >Who cares? I have a upscaling DVD player too with HDMI, but you don't see
    >me doing the "hey look at 'lack-of-penis' AV stack!" BS posts you are.

    Funny. I'll bet my penis is bigger than yours is as well.

    Nice, low maturity level you are sporting there, Johnny boy.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 23, 2007
  10. On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    wrote:

    >Do you even have time to enjoy your phallus replacement? I mean, you
    >spend an awful lot of time here. Just saying, that's all...

    Grow the **** up, you little pussy boy retard.

    BTW, isn't YOUR "phallus replacement" your precious DVD list, and your
    occasional stupid post here about what is coming out?

    If you were any more immature, I'd swear that you just got your first
    pubic hair.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 23, 2007
  11. ChairmanOfTheBored

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    Wow. I think that's a record - 6 separate responses for just one post.

    --
    It's not broken. It's...advanced.

    Doug Jacobs, Oct 24, 2007
  12. ChairmanOfTheBored

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    ChairmanOfTheBored <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    > wrote:

    > >As if the PS3 has overheating problems with the drive being on the inside?

    > The PS3 runs quite hot, drive or no drive. No drive certainly means
    > cooler running. Do you really need to do any math?

    I didn't say it doesn't get hot. I was talking about overheating - you
    know, a hardware failure due to the ambient temperature exceeding safe
    values.

    The early 360s would overheat a lot due to a manufacturing defect.

    --
    It's not broken. It's...advanced.

    Doug Jacobs, Oct 24, 2007
  13. ChairmanOfTheBored

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    ChairmanOfTheBored <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    > wrote:

    > >Why haven't you installed liquid cooling for your PS3 if heat and "MODERN
    > >Physics" are such a concern to you?

    > How do you know that I won't?

    But you haven't yet? Then how can you consider yourself to be the epitome
    of AV l33t-ness? Putting in a larger HDD - any lame wannabe can do that -
    heck, the instructions are published by Sony!

    --
    It's not broken. It's...advanced.

    Doug Jacobs, Oct 24, 2007
  14. ChairmanOfTheBored

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    ChairmanOfTheBored <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    > wrote:

    > >Who cares? - can you honestly say you're going to need 750GB of space for
    > >PS3-related downloads?

    > Purchased, DISC based games typically utilize 6 to ten GB of HD space
    > each. I can also DIVX, and then re-code my current DVD collection to
    > play on the PS3 from the hard drive, as well as my HD DVD collection.
    > Very much the same way I can make a 1GB file from one of my DVDs for my
    > PS3. Exactly the same, in fact.

    First off, the PS3 doesn't store all games you ever play on disk. Older
    ones will get cycled off. Second, wouldn't it make a lot more sense to
    just put up a dedicated file server or NAS-type device on your network and
    stream movies through the PS3 in that way? This would give you more
    flexibility, while allowing much larger disk sizes along with the other
    benefits of RAID that you're already well aware of.

    A 1.4 TB PS3 is just...well, silly. Games will still only be able to use
    the internal drive, and even at 10GB/game, you're looking at 75 games.
    Not only don't you own 75 PS3 games (there aren't that many out yet!) but
    I doubt you will ever play 75 PS3 games over the life of the PS3.

    > It also hold Photos, and MP3s, Etc., Etc.

    Again, a networked media server would be a better solution for this, yes?
    Better accessibility, better flexibility, better reliability, better
    bragging rights (more hardware makes you a better person, at least in your
    eyes)

    > The drives were right at $100 each with a 5 year warranty. More than
    > that for the chincy, slow access, low capacity laptop drives it comes
    > with.

    And you need fast drives for streaming media....why? Even HD video
    encoded with divx will stream just fine over 100Mbps which is MUCH
    SLOWER than laptop drives. No wonder your PS3 has heat issues if
    you were cramming a hot-running desktop drive in there!

    Also with drives that cheap, seriously, why didn't you put up a 4 drive,
    RAID5 array in a dedicated networked box giving you 2+TB? You could even
    use gigabit for extra bragging rights, and still do everything your mutant
    PS3 can do...just without the extra heat.

    --
    It's not broken. It's...advanced.

    Doug Jacobs, Oct 24, 2007
  15. ChairmanOfTheBored

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    ChairmanOfTheBored <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    > wrote:

    > >> An 8800GTS is a NEW video card.

    > >Who cares? It's still slower than the one inside the 360.

    > No, it isn't, and the card I mentioned is the card in my PC, not the
    > PS3, console war boy.

    Why does your PS3 care what graphics card your PC is using?

    And why are you only running one of them? Your phallus replacement isn't
    complete until you've spent thousands of dollars on a set of 4
    interconnected cards. Just one card? That's weak.

    --
    It's not broken. It's...advanced.

    Doug Jacobs, Oct 24, 2007
  16. ChairmanOfTheBored

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    ChairmanOfTheBored <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    > wrote:

    > >Who cares? I have a upscaling DVD player too with HDMI, but you don't see
    > >me doing the "hey look at 'lack-of-penis' AV stack!" BS posts you are.

    > Funny. I'll bet my penis is bigger than yours is as well.

    > Nice, low maturity level you are sporting there, Johnny boy.

    Those who are insecure with...certain body parts will often try to
    compensate by showing off with ridiculous, or extravegant purchases. The
    middle aged man and the shiny red sports car, for instance. In your case,
    you eschewed the car for bunches of hardware - and not even an impressive
    stack of hardware at that. Ooh. A PS3 with an external HDD, and a PC with a
    newish video card. Yup. That certainly makes you the epitome of master of
    media - head honcho of hardware - controller of the computer - player of
    the playstation.

    Or maybe just lamest of the losers.

    --
    It's not broken. It's...advanced.

    Doug Jacobs, Oct 24, 2007
  17. ChairmanOfTheBored

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    ChairmanOfTheBored <> wrote:

    > BTW, isn't YOUR "phallus replacement" your precious DVD list, and your
    > occasional stupid post here about what is coming out?

    Wrong Doug.

    > If you were any more immature, I'd swear that you just got your first
    > pubic hair.

    Hey, I'M not the one who feels the need to use immature insults for every
    other word, nor posting pictures of my HD setup. Nor do I feel the need
    to brag about my hardware prowress.

    Please. You technical knowledge is laughable and the fact you think
    connecting an external HDD to a PS3 makes you some sort of big hardware
    expert is just pathetic.

    You were pathetic when your name was massive prong, and you're just as
    pathetic now.

    --
    It's not broken. It's...advanced.

    Doug Jacobs, Oct 24, 2007
  18. On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:28:29 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>

    I guess you were six times the retarded **** you usually are.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 25, 2007
  19. On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:35:13 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    wrote:

    >ChairmanOfTheBored <> wrote:
    >> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    >> wrote:

    >> >As if the PS3 has overheating problems with the drive being on the inside?

    >> The PS3 runs quite hot, drive or no drive. No drive certainly means
    >> cooler running. Do you really need to do any math?

    >I didn't say it doesn't get hot. I was talking about overheating - you
    >know, a hardware failure due to the ambient temperature exceeding safe
    >values.

    Did I ever claim that it overheats, dipshit? Even though there are
    reports of it having happened on this platform.

    >The early 360s would overheat a lot due to a manufacturing defect.

    No shit. Do you really think you are the news around here, boy?

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 25, 2007
  20. On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:36:27 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    wrote:

    >ChairmanOfTheBored <> wrote:
    >> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    >> wrote:

    >> >Why haven't you installed liquid cooling for your PS3 if heat and "MODERN
    >> >Physics" are such a concern to you?

    >> How do you know that I won't?

    >But you haven't yet?

    No shit. Did I say that I did?

    > Then how can you consider yourself to be the epitome
    >of AV l33t-ness?

    Did I do that, dumbfuck?

    > Putting in a larger HDD - any lame wannabe can do that -
    >heck, the instructions are published by Sony!

    Actually, asswipe, I put a 120GB HD in it already.

    Take note, idiot. Those are 2.5" slow spindle, low cache laptop drives.

    The drive I added is not only external, but is SATA II, 7200 RPM
    spindle, 16MB cache 3.5" screamers.

    Is there anything that you are not completely retarded about?

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 25, 2007