    Thank you in advance.

    7078895

    /ra
    SpamProof, Jan 28, 2004

  2. SpamProof

    Pete D Guest

    Ummm, go into the menu and tell it not too. When does it shut off?

    "SpamProof" <> wrote in message
    : Does any know how to prevent this camerea from shutting off on it's own?
    :
    : Thank you in advance.
    :
    : 7078895
    :
    : /ra
    Pete D, Jan 28, 2004

  3. SpamProof

    Marten Guest

    > Does any know how to prevent this camerea from shutting off on it's own?

    Press "MENU"
    Cursor right to "Set up"
    Cursor down 4 spots to "Auto Power Down"
    Make your selection

    Pretty simple to figure this out yourself.

    Marten
    Marten, Jan 28, 2004
  4. SpamProof

    SpamProof Guest

    Actually, my menu is different. My camera is the GL-1 & there are 2
    menus.

    the first is displayed when the camera is set to VCR. options include:

    -DUB MODE
    -WL Remote
    -Rec Mode
    -Data code
    -D/Time
    -Displays
    -6sec. date
    -output ch
    -audio ch
    -wind screen
    --mic att
    -line att
    -audio mode
    -beep

    the second is displayed when set to CAMERA. options include:

    -ZEBRA
    -D. Effect
    -D. Zoom
    -Zoom-handle
    -AE Shift
    -16:9
    -C. Sharpnesss
    -C. Phase
    -Wl. Remote
    -Tally Lamp
    -Rec Mode
    -Wind Screen
    -Mic Att
    -Audio Mode
    -Beep
    -Mirro
    -TV Screen
    -Demo Mode
    -D/T Display
    -T.Zone
    -D/Time Set

    Niether of these options, from what i can see, allow me to turn off
    the automatic shut off feature. I'm wondering if it's something that I
    can control in the GL-1?

    Anyone know or has a GL-1 that was able to prevent it from shutting
    off by itself?

    -reynald

    SpamProof, Jan 31, 2004
  5. SpamProof

    Mike Fields Guest

    I didn't see the original post, but with the Sony camcorders,
    if you remove the tape, it will stay on in camera mode.
    With the tape in (in stop mode), it will power down after
    5 minutes or so. Hope that helps.

    --
    Mike "mikey" Fields
    http://home.comcast.net/~mike.fields/

    Linux users brag on how long their system stays up,
    Window users assume it's a temporary condition ...

    Mike Fields, Jan 31, 2004
  6. SpamProof

    Marten Guest

    You have your video camera question cross posted to a digital camera group.
    I read the question as a G1 not a GL-1. Sorry, can't help you with that one.

    Marten

    Marten, Jan 31, 2004
  7. SpamProof

    Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:33:37 GMT, "Marten" <>
    wrote:

    >You have your video camera question cross posted to a digital camera group.
    >I read the question as a G1 not a GL-1. Sorry, can't help you with that one.
    >
    >Marten
    >
    >> Actually, my menu is different. My camera is the GL-1 & there are 2
    >> menus.

    I don't believe there is a way to keep the GL1 from powering down.
    What we do is flip the lock switch when we aren't shooting, so it's
    not an entire power up each time. Otherwise, it will shut down
    automatically.

    A real pain when setting up shots and lighting, but we get used to it.
    , Jan 31, 2004
  8. SpamProof

    matt hedt Guest

    Remove tape - in camera mode it will stay on without a tape in.

    -Matt

    matt hedt, Feb 2, 2004
  9. There is no way to cut off the auto shut off on the GL-1 (I tried very hard
    to get mine to stop). That was one of the marketing features for the GL-2,
    you can turn it off, also the GL-2 has time lapse (Man I wish I could afford
    2 cameras)

    Philip

    Philip Scoggins, Feb 6, 2004