My Gift to the Newsgroup !!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Dec 22, 2003.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Yesterday, I posted a few of my hawk pics that I took on Saturday.

    Today, as a gift to the Newsgroup, I am posting a full-size (8"x10" @ 256dpi)
    version of the best one. Feel free to download this pic and take it to your
    favorite photo lab to be printed. I had some glossy 8x10's of this pic printed
    on a Fuji Frontier 370 and they look awesome, much better in fact than the pic
    looks on the screen. If you want to see for yourself how good a 6MP digital
    image can look when printed, then I challenge you to do this exercise. It will
    only cost you about 8 bucks or so, US. A small price to pay for an Annika
    Original.
    Heck, I might even sign it for ya if you mail it to me.

    It will also prove that a printed photo can look much better than the same
    image on the screen. Photos that appear over-sharpened on the screen can make
    spectacular prints. Did someone say "feather detail?"

    I would advise you to find a Fuji Frontier that prints on glossy paper. Most
    of your Wal-Marts have Frontiers, but many of them only print on Matte paper.
    I have mine done at Ritz Camera (formerly Wolf Camera) and their printer does a
    great job.

    Anyway, here is the link to the full-size pic:
    http://www.pbase.com/image/24337887/original

    You'll want a fast connection as the file is about 3MB.

    Happy Holidays to all, from me and Harry the Hawk!!!
    Annika1980, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Annika1980

    Sam Anderson Guest

    Thanks Bret. I printed a 4 x 6 on my new Canon i900D printer and it is very
    very nice. I do wish you have provided a bit more background to work with
    (it was cropped a bit tight).

    Sam

    Sam Anderson, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Annika1980

    zbzbzb Guest

    >Today, as a gift to the Newsgroup, I am posting a full-size (8"x10" @ 256dpi)
    >version of the best one. Feel free to download this pic and take it to your
    >favorite photo lab to be printed. I had some glossy 8x10's of this pic
    >printed
    >on a Fuji Frontier 370 and they look awesome, much better in fact than the
    >pic
    >looks on the screen. If you want to see for yourself how good a 6MP digital
    >image can look when printed, then I challenge you to do this exercise. It
    >will
    >only cost you about 8 bucks or so, US. A small price to pay for an Annika
    >Original.
    >Heck, I might even sign it for ya if you mail it to me.
    >
    >It will also prove that a printed photo can look much better than the same
    >image on the screen. Photos that appear over-sharpened on the screen can make
    >spectacular prints. Did someone say "feather detail?"
    >
    >I would advise you to find a Fuji Frontier that prints on glossy paper. Most
    >of your Wal-Marts have Frontiers, but many of them only print on Matte paper.
    >
    >I have mine done at Ritz Camera (formerly Wolf Camera) and their printer does
    >great job.

    Eight dollars for an 8x10?! Ouch.
    zbzbzb, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Annika1980

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    Nice shots!

    Thanks, Dan

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 22, 2003
  5. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Sam Anderson"

    >Thanks Bret. I printed a 4 x 6 on my new Canon i900D printer and it is very
    >very nice. I do wish you have provided a bit more background to work with
    >(it was cropped a bit tight).

    Yeah, it was cropped for an 8x10.
    The original had more space on the ends.
    Annika1980, Dec 22, 2003
  6. Annika1980

    Bob Hatch Guest

    > Yesterday, I posted a few of my hawk pics that I took on Saturday.
    >
    > Today, as a gift to the Newsgroup, I am posting a full-size (8"x10" @

    256dpi)
    > version of the best one. Feel free to download this pic and take it to

    your
    > favorite photo lab to be printed. I had some glossy 8x10's of this pic

    printed
    > on a Fuji Frontier 370 and they look awesome, much better in fact than the

    pic
    > looks on the screen. If you want to see for yourself how good a 6MP

    digital
    > image can look when printed, then I challenge you to do this exercise. It

    will
    > only cost you about 8 bucks or so, US. A small price to pay for an Annika
    > Original.
    > Heck, I might even sign it for ya if you mail it to me.
    >
    > It will also prove that a printed photo can look much better than the same
    > image on the screen. Photos that appear over-sharpened on the screen can

    make
    > spectacular prints. Did someone say "feather detail?"
    >
    > I would advise you to find a Fuji Frontier that prints on glossy paper.

    Most
    > of your Wal-Marts have Frontiers, but many of them only print on Matte

    paper.
    > I have mine done at Ritz Camera (formerly Wolf Camera) and their printer

    does a
    > great job.
    >
    > Anyway, here is the link to the full-size pic:
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/24337887/original
    >
    > You'll want a fast connection as the file is about 3MB.
    >
    > Happy Holidays to all, from me and Harry the Hawk!!!

    Hey, Send me your snail mail address. Don't need a signature but I'll return
    the Christmas gift to you.

    send the address to bobhatch@ the url (bobhatch dot com) listed below.
    --
    "Secular nations have one thing in common -- mass graves, and
    the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter
    Bob Hatch, Dec 22, 2003
  7. Annika1980

    HRosita Guest

    >torrex6 wrote:

    >Eight dollars for an 8x10?! Ouch.

    Still better than 8x10 prints from slides.

    I think the last time I made a print from a slide the cost was $12.00 and that
    was 3 or 4 years ago.
    Rosita
    HRosita, Dec 22, 2003