    very dark so I turned the brightness all the way up. I can still see the
    display but I would like to fix the problem. I am interested in any info.
    or advice if you have it, Thanks.

    AFD233, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Virtually every monitor that I have been inside of, have additional
    adjustment capability. Follow the heavy wire from the middle of the
    cathode ray tube, down to the transformer. Quite often there are two
    adjustment knobs on them. One controls brightness, the other cleans
    up fuzziness. Play it safe and don't start touching stuff, as there
    are capacitors which hold a charge and can give you a shock, even when
    unplugged. There are people on this newsgroup that freak-out with the
    mere mention of trying to do your own work, but just be careful.
    Those adjustment capabilities were meant to be used, otherwise they
    would have designed around them. I have found older monitors are more
    servicable than new ones in that regard. Try to use a plastic
    screwdriver for tuning, not just one with a plastic handle. Good
    luck, let us know how you make out. KK