My Gateway EV 700 sceen is very dark?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by JK, Aug 30, 2004.

  1. JK

    JK Guest

    It sounds like the tube is wearing out. Time to buy a new monitor. You are lucky

    that you got around 7 years of use from it. I wore out my last monitor after
    around four years.

    JK, Aug 30, 2004

  2. JK

    Thor Guest

    "Scrambler" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Gateway EV700 that is about 7 years old. The screen has gotten
    > very dark so I turned the brightness all the way up. I can still see the
    > display but I would like to fix the problem. I am interested in any info.
    > or advice if you have it, Thanks.

    Most likely, it's time for a new monitor.

    Thor, Aug 30, 2004

  3. JK

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Scrambler" <> wrote in

    > I have a Gateway EV700 that is about 7 years old. The screen has
    > gotten very dark so I turned the brightness all the way up. I can
    > still see the display but I would like to fix the problem. I am
    > interested in any info. or advice if you have it, Thanks.

    I have the same model sitting on a desk in my house and it has the same
    problem after about the same amount of time in service. I agree with
    everyone else, time to replace it.

    Scrambler, Aug 30, 2004
  5. JK

    Kenny Guest

    Could take it to a TV engineer who has a CRT rejuvenator. Also an old trick
    with tv's was to short out the resistor, if there is one, in the supply to
    the CRT heaters.
    NOTE: if you don't know what you're doing don't open a monitor, they can be
    very dangerous even long after they've been switched off.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Aug 30, 2004