    and reinstalling firefox but that made no difference. Up untill this point
    it had worked flawlessly.

    Thanks for any help. -Pat
    Pat, Feb 4, 2005

  2. Pat

    someone Guest

    > After uninstalling an extension (sage) in Firefox 1.0, my home page started
    > reseting itself back to Mozilla

    I have user_pref("messenger.throbber.url", "http://www.cnn.com/");
    in my user.js file (that Thunderbird uses) and have no problem

    Rob (Win XP Tbird & FF ver 1.0) Fruth - Houston, Tx
    http://www.rfruth.net

    1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
    1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
    2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)
    someone, Feb 4, 2005

  3. Pat

    Pat Guest

    As a follow up, I finally resolved the problem by creating a new profile.
    However, when I first copied over all the bookmarks, cookies, signons, etc
    from the old profile, I ended up with the same issues. I finally discovered
    (through process of elimination) that the localstore.rdf was the problem.
    So with everything copied over except this, everything worked as expected.

    Hope this helps someone.

    Pat

    "Pat" <pkelecy@insightbb*no_spam*.com> wrote in message
    > After uninstalling an extension (sage) in Firefox 1.0, my home page

    started
    > reseting itself back to Mozilla (the default) rather than staying set to
    > google.com, as I want. I also noticed that the bookmark toolbar stopped
    > showing as well.
    >
    > Do anyone have any ideas on how to fix these problems. I tried

    uninstalling

    Pat, Feb 4, 2005
  4. Pat

    someone Guest

    > As a follow up, I finally resolved the problem by creating a new profile.
    > However, when I first copied over all the bookmarks, cookies, signons, etc
    > from the old profile, I ended up with the same issues. I finally discovered
    > (through process of elimination) that the localstore.rdf was the problem.
    > So with everything copied over except this, everything worked as expected.
    >
    > Hope this helps someone.
    >
    > Pat

    It helped me Pat, localstore.rdf is a file I've never had to fool with.

    --
    Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx

    someone, Feb 6, 2005