my finest pic yet

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by marccozijn@gmail.com, Sep 21, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Sep 21, 2006

  2. bongo rule Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > well one of them anyway
    > check it out on http://marc.shutterchance.com
    >
    > let me know what you think

    her face is burnt out.

    bongo rule, Sep 21, 2006

  3. Helen Guest

    "bongo rule" <_> wrote in message
    news:8AAQg.25678$...

    > <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> well one of them anyway
    >> let me know what you think

    > her face is burnt out.

    I think you'll find it's supposed to be.
    Doesn't make it a worthwhile picture though

    Helen, Sep 21, 2006
  4. Bill Funk Guest

    On 21 Sep 2006 09:27:50 -0700, wrote:

    >well one of them anyway
    >check it out on http://marc.shutterchance.com
    >
    >let me know what you think

    As I've said many times, I have no art in me.
    Thechnically, of course, the picture sucks.
    I find it compelling, though.
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Sep 21, 2006
  5. Fred Lebow Guest

    Sorry
    i don't like it

    Fred

    Fred Lebow, Sep 21, 2006
  6. ½ Confused Guest

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:18:35 -0600
    In message <>
    "Fred Lebow" <> wrote:

    > Sorry
    > i don't like it

    I don't either, but it's a style that has been (and is) selling like
    hotcakes in some fashion and magazine markets. There's no logic when
    it comes to commercial taste...

    Jeff

    ½ Confused, Sep 22, 2006
  7. Paul Heslop Guest

    "½ Confused" wrote:

    > On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:18:35 -0600
    > In message <>
    > "Fred Lebow" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Sorry
    > > i don't like it

    > I don't either, but it's a style that has been (and is) selling like
    > hotcakes in some fashion and magazine markets. There's no logic when
    > it comes to commercial taste...
    >
    > Jeff

    Johnny - "I wouldn't say it is the best pic I have ever seen but that
    kind of crash of red against the otherwise monochrome tone works well
    for me. Always had a thing about red... red and black... black"

    "Johnny..."

    "Black... black as the pits of hell... black as the coal from the
    devil's furnaces... black as"

    "Johnny!"

    "Black! BLACKNESS! Black as the cellar where daddy used to tie us!
    black black black bla-"

    *sound of easel hitting Johnny's head*

    --
    Paul (This sky, too, is folding under you)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Sep 22, 2006
  8. Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    > well one of them anyway
    > check it out on http://marc.shutterchance.com
    >
    > let me know what you think

    UGH!
    Sorry, don't like this kind of picture, not at all.

    Ron Hunter, Sep 22, 2006
  9. jpc Guest

    On 21 Sep 2006 09:27:50 -0700, wrote:

    >well one of them anyway
    >check it out on http://marc.shutterchance.com
    >
    >let me know what you think

    Never look for compliments in rec.photo. digital. It goes agianst the
    grain of this crowd

    That said, I admit to doing similar pictures on occasion and
    would have desaturated the red lips drasticly.

    Tech tip

    If yre working with photoshop or any other editor
    that can do Lab mode, switch to that and do levels and
    curve adjustments on the a & b channels You'll get yourself
    some interesting colors.

    jpc

    jpc, Sep 22, 2006
  10. Bill Crocker Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > well one of them anyway
    > check it out on http://marc.shutterchance.com
    >
    > let me know what you think

    There is no texture in her skin...looks like latex rubber.

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Sep 24, 2006
  11. Amanda Brown Guest

    On 21-Sep-2006, wrote:

    > let me know what you think

    I think you need a bit more practice. Which you can get. And a considerably
    better eye. Which you probably can't. Sorry, but you did ask.

    --
    Mandy

    Amanda Brown, Sep 24, 2006
  12. Amanda Brown Guest

    On 24-Sep-2006, "Bill Crocker" <> wrote:

    > There is no texture in her skin...looks like latex rubber.

    <Cough> I used to be with a guy who would have seen that as a Good Thing.

    --
    Mandy

    Amanda Brown, Sep 24, 2006