My experience with Thomson Prometric

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Spring, Aug 13, 2004.

  1. Spring

    Spring Guest

    This might be off topic. But many of you will or have been through Thomson
    Prometric to schedule your MCSE exams. I usually have no negative opinion on
    the company as I took many exams through them before. But today just had
    enough.

    The first time I called Prometric to schedule an exam for the same day, I
    was told to call back in 30 minutes even after the Prometric rep. confirmed
    with testing center that there are planty space available for testing. My
    past experience is if Prometric comfirmed there is space available, I can
    sign up for the exam right away. Since I haven't taken any test through
    Prometric for almost a year now, I assumed there might be new rules. So I
    waited as suggested.
    About 40 minutes later, I called Prometeric again. This time, I was told
    that my voucher number (which came with my MS Press book) is not valid and I
    should contack Microsoft.
    Microsoft guys are nice, but they don't know why Prometric decline the
    voucher. So I called Prometric the thired time. This time, I was told the
    voucher is good, but testing center is still full and I should contact the
    testing center to confirm there is space available. The testing center
    replied there is only two people signed up for exam today and this
    information has been passed to Prometric early this morning.
    The forth time I called, a lady called the testing center and registered me
    for an exam in the afternoon. Confirmation # was given and the lady was
    pleasent on the phone.
    After I hanged up the phone, I started to doubt my luck and wished this lady
    could have answered my phone the first time I called Prometric. Well, it was
    about lunch time and I started thinking about the food and the test.

    I walked into the testing center a few minutes before my scheduled exam and
    eagered to take it. However, the testing center could not download my exam!
    It appeared no one scheduled any exams through Prometric at that time slot.
    After 40 minutes on the phone with Prometric, the testing center finally
    found that Prometric scheduled my exam on early morning and it was even
    earlier then the time I frist called Prometric. How could this be possible?

    The happy ending was the testing center willing to open late until I
    finished the exam and I did pass the test.
    Spring, Aug 13, 2004

  2. Spring

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Rowdy Yates, Aug 13, 2004

  3. Spring

    Mike T. Guest

    I want the last five minutes of my life back.
    Mike T., Aug 13, 2004
  4. Spring

    anonymous Guest

    Now that you are done whining about it, Do you feel
    better now?

    anonymous, Aug 13, 2004
  5. Spring

    kpg Guest

    "Spring" <> wrote in message
    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\140694.htm (8/13/2004 8:02:44

    AM) #

    > The happy ending was the testing center willing to open late until I
    > finished the exam and I did pass the test.

    At least it had a happy ending.

    kp "that's the best kind" g
    kpg, Aug 13, 2004
  6. Spring

    Tim Kettring Guest

    Some companies are just screwed-up like that . Glad it worked out eventually
    !
    Tim Kettring, Aug 13, 2004
  7. Rowdy Yates wrote:
    > "Spring" <> wrote in
    >
    >> This might be off topic. But many of you will or have been through
    >> <story snipped>

    > thanks for that story. not that i bothered to read it because it's
    > longer than the averae persons crap.

    You are Jeff Goldbloom and I claim my two-fifty.
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Aug 13, 2004
  8. What you have just said, is the most insanely idiotic
    thing I have ever heard. At no
    point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even
    close to anything that could
    be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this
    newsgroup is now dumber for having
    listened to it. I award you no points and may God have
    mercy on your soul.
    Keyboard Cowboy, Aug 13, 2004
  9. Spring

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Keyboard Cowboy" <> wrote in
    message news:5c1c01c4813c$462de410$...
    > What you have just said, is the most insanely idiotic
    > thing I have ever heard. At no
    > point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even
    > close to anything that could
    > be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this
    > newsgroup is now dumber for having
    > listened to it. I award you no points and may God have
    > mercy on your soul.

    If peeing your pants is cool, you can call me Miles Davis.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Aug 13, 2004
  10. Spring

    kpg Guest

    > > If peeing your pants is cool, you can call me Miles Davis.
    > >

    > Depends.
    >

    > <GET IT?!>

    *groan*

    But...it made this thread worth while.

    kpg
    kpg, Aug 13, 2004
  11. "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in message
    > "Keyboard Cowboy" <> wrote in
    > message news:5c1c01c4813c$462de410$...
    > > What you have just said, is the most insanely idiotic
    > > thing I have ever heard. At no
    > > point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even
    > > close to anything that could
    > > be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this
    > > newsgroup is now dumber for having
    > > listened to it. I award you no points and may God have
    > > mercy on your soul.

    > If peeing your pants is cool, you can call me Miles Davis.

    Depends.

    <GET IT?!>

    --
    Politician Spock
    Thug #24601
    Politician Spock, Aug 13, 2004
  12. >What you have just said, is the most insanely idiotic
    >thing I have ever heard. At no
    >point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even
    >close to anything that could
    >be considered a rational thought.

    I guess you don't read too many of my posts then!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 13, 2004
  13. Spring

    JaR Guest

    >>What you have just said, is the most insanely idiotic
    >>thing I have ever heard. At no
    >>point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even
    >>close to anything that could
    >>be considered a rational thought.

    > I guess you don't read too many of my posts then!

    I've spoken to him a million times about hyperbole!

    JaR
    Exaggerated Thug
    JaR, Aug 13, 2004

  14. >-----Original Message-----
    >>What you have just said, is the most insanely idiotic
    >>thing I have ever heard. At no
    >>point, in your rambling incoherent response were you

    even
    >>close to anything that could
    >>be considered a rational thought.

    >I guess you don't read too many of my posts then!
    >
    >Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    >.

    And I guess you don't watch too many movies or are
    familiar with the american term "humor". :)
    Keyboard Cowboy, Aug 13, 2004
  15. >And I guess you don't watch too many movies or are
    >familiar with the american term "humor". :)

    you try to confuse

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 13, 2004
  16. Spring

    Mike T. Guest

    "The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere" <.> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > >And I guess you don't watch too many movies or are
    > >familiar with the american term "humor". :)

    > you try to confuse

    and you succeed
    Mike T., Aug 13, 2004

  17. >-----Original Message-----
    >>And I guess you don't watch too many movies or are
    >>familiar with the american term "humor". :)

    >you try to confuse
    >
    >Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    >.

    No... I think I AM confused... my apologies...

    *note to self... kick Chalk's dog*
    Keyboard Cowboy, Aug 13, 2004
  18. >*note to self... kick Chalk's dog*

    and then you're going to go to jail!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 13, 2004