My experience with MPSuperstore, so far

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Brent Geery, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Brent Geery

    Brent Geery Guest

    My experience (so far) ordering from MPSuperstore.

    Placed the order online Wednesday night, as they have the cheapest
    overall price ($270 with shipping) that I could find on a new, us
    version, Oli C-5000 Zoom.

    I read all bad reviews of MPSuperstore and other NY, NY camera stores,
    but the cheapest "reputable" online camera store is about $50 more.
    That's almost a savings of 20%. That $50 is almost enough to pay for
    a camera case, tripod, and two extra aftermarket LiIon batteries from
    eBay.

    Just a predicted, I received the "call us, we need more info to
    complete your order" email, early the next day, Thursday. I called,
    and they made sure I was informed of the specials bundles that I could
    also get. I just said I already had purchased all the accessories I
    needed, and he accepted that answer, a bit disappointingly. I don't
    understand why they never even tried to sell me an extended warranty
    for the camera!

    Today, Friday, I received the tracking number via email, from UPS,
    that the package was shipped today, via UPS ground (as ordered), with
    an expected delivery date of the 4th. So, they shipped within 24
    hours of me calling them back.

    So far, I would order from them again. We'll have to see if I get
    exactly what I ordered, but so far, they have provided adequate
    service. OK, having to make the call to "confirm the order" was
    annoying, but I'm saving almost $50 in exchange for a 10 minute phone
    call. Fair enough, if it keeps the prices 20% lower than others.

    Will let you know how the rest of it goes, in a few days.

    --
    BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :)

    Fast Times At Ridgemont High Info http://www.FastTimesAtRidgemontHigh.org
    Voted #87 - American Film Institute's Top 100 Funniest American Films
    Brent Geery, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Brent Geery

    Brent Geery Guest

    Re: My experience with MPSuperstore, updated

    On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:27:33 -0800, Brent Geery
    <> wrote:

    > My experience (so far) ordering from MPSuperstore.
    >
    > Placed the order online Wednesday night, as they have the cheapest
    > overall price ($270 with shipping) that I could find on a new, us
    > version, Oli C-5000 Zoom.
    >
    > I read all bad reviews of MPSuperstore and other NY, NY camera stores,
    > but the cheapest "reputable" online camera store is about $50 more.
    > That's almost a savings of 20%. That $50 is almost enough to pay for
    > a camera case, tripod, and two extra aftermarket LiIon batteries from
    > eBay.
    >
    > Just a predicted, I received the "call us, we need more info to
    > complete your order" email, early the next day, Thursday. I called,
    > and they made sure I was informed of the specials bundles that I could
    > also get. I just said I already had purchased all the accessories I
    > needed, and he accepted that answer, a bit disappointingly. I don't
    > understand why they never even tried to sell me an extended warranty
    > for the camera!
    >
    > Today, Friday, I received the tracking number via email, from UPS,
    > that the package was shipped today, via UPS ground (as ordered), with
    > an expected delivery date of the 4th. So, they shipped within 24
    > hours of me calling them back.
    >
    > So far, I would order from them again. We'll have to see if I get
    > exactly what I ordered, but so far, they have provided adequate
    > service. OK, having to make the call to "confirm the order" was
    > annoying, but I'm saving almost $50 in exchange for a 10 minute phone
    > call. Fair enough, if it keeps the prices 20% lower than others.
    >
    > Will let you know how the rest of it goes, in a few days.

    Well, received my C-500 Zoom today, right on time. The product was
    exactly as promised; brand new (very easy to tell,) and was the US
    version with full warranty. Buying from MP Superstore saved me $50,
    which was enough for my to buy a tripod and two extra batteries. I'd
    order from MPSuperstore again.

    Brent Geery, Mar 5, 2004

  3. Brent Geery

    suyograut

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    MPSuperStore

    Sorry to hear that the MPSuperStore is down ..
    suyograut, Jul 27, 2006