My Epson 1270 Fax won't work now that I'm using VOIP

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by William Dickit, Apr 11, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    I switched over to VOIP about a year and a half ago. I love the
    service. The calls are perfect, and my telephone bill is almost
    non-existent.

    However my Epson 1270 doesn't work anymore. It pulls the paper in
    about an inch and then freezes up.

    I have Winfax Pro version 10.02 and an internal fax machine.I'm going
    to try it now to see if it will work.

    If it doesn't does anyone have any ideas on what I need to do?

    Buy a new fax for hundreds of dollars that works with VOIP? OR try
    some other method of faxxing?

    I only send out about a half doxen per year.

    WD

    William Dickit, Apr 11, 2005

  2. William Dickit

    PC Guest

    "William Dickit" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I switched over to VOIP about a year and a half ago. I love the
    > service. The calls are perfect, and my telephone bill is almost
    > non-existent.
    >
    > However my Epson 1270 doesn't work anymore. It pulls the paper in
    > about an inch and then freezes up.
    >

    > I have Winfax Pro version 10.02 and an internal fax machine.I'm going
    > to try it now to see if it will work.
    >
    > If it doesn't does anyone have any ideas on what I need to do?
    >
    > Buy a new fax for hundreds of dollars that works with VOIP? OR try
    > some other method of faxxing?
    >
    > I only send out about a half doxen per year.
    >
    > WD

    William

    Did the printer stop working at the same time you installed VOIP ? or has it
    stopped since.
    Have you tried the printer on another PC?
    Have your uninstalled your printer, restarted your PC then reinstalled ?
    Did you follow the Install instructions for your printer software to the
    letter? eg run CD first then connect printer (or whatever order the
    instructions give)
    Have you tried uninstalling VOIP and testing your Printer?
    What is set as your 'Default' printer?
    Are there other (redundant) printers installed?

    Your 'Internal Fax Machine' will be the Fax capability built into your
    'Modem'
    You don't give your version of Windows but 2000 and XP have Fax capabilities
    built in already so you can dump WinFax if it proves troublesome. Maybe
    Winfax is causing your printer problems.

    Paul.

    PC, Apr 11, 2005

  3. Paul you keep talking about Mr. Dickit's printer, but what he is
    asking is how can he fax to the Internet directly and bypass his
    modem?

    He states that since he stopped using a regular phone line and
    switched to VOIP neither his external, nor his internal fax machines
    will work.

    The "efax" program is the only thing available in the world today that
    will do that, and it costs $12.95 a month to use the service.

    If you don't fax often that might not be cost effective.

    Jonathan L. Segal, Apr 12, 2005