    played! I have a Toshiba progressive scan player and a 16:9 Toshiba TV set.
    Is this just a fluke or have other people been able to play PAL DVDs on
    Toshiba equipment?

    elektra2, Aug 1, 2004

  2. elektra2

    Impmon Guest

    On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 04:41:36 GMT, "elektra2" <>
    wrote:

    >So, I happened to pop in a PAL DVD the other day and to my surprise it
    >played! I have a Toshiba progressive scan player and a 16:9 Toshiba TV set.
    >Is this just a fluke or have other people been able to play PAL DVDs on
    >Toshiba equipment?

    Pretty much *all* DVD player can play NTSC and PAL and output in
    desired format. It's the region you need to worry about, not the
    format.
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

    Impmon, Aug 1, 2004

  3. elektra2

    unclejr Guest

    "elektra2" <> wrote...
    > So, I happened to pop in a PAL DVD the other day and to my surprise it
    > played! I have a Toshiba progressive scan player and a 16:9 Toshiba TV set.
    > Is this just a fluke or have other people been able to play PAL DVDs on
    > Toshiba equipment?

    Posting a Toshiba model number would nice in order to corroborate or
    refute your observation.

    -Junior

    unclejr, Aug 1, 2004
  4. elektra2

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Impmon" <> wrote in message
    > >So, I happened to pop in a PAL DVD the other day and to my surprise

    it
    > >played! I have a Toshiba progressive scan player and a 16:9 Toshiba

    TV set.
    > >Is this just a fluke or have other people been able to play PAL DVDs

    on
    > >Toshiba equipment?

    > Pretty much *all* DVD player can play NTSC and PAL and output in
    > desired format.

    This is most certainly not true, at least not in the U.S.

    Joshua Zyber, Aug 1, 2004
  5. unclejr wrote:
    > "elektra2" <> wrote...
    >
    >>So, I happened to pop in a PAL DVD the other day and to my surprise it
    >>played! I have a Toshiba progressive scan player and a 16:9 Toshiba TV set.
    >>Is this just a fluke or have other people been able to play PAL DVDs on
    >>Toshiba equipment?

    > Posting a Toshiba model number would nice in order to corroborate or
    > refute your observation.

    I don't know what Toshiba the OP is talking about, but my SD-4900 plays
    both NTSC and PAL DVDs.

    Matthew

    Matthew L. Martin, Aug 1, 2004
  6. elektra2

    Impmon Guest

    On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 16:55:14 GMT, "Joshua Zyber"
    <> wrote:

    >This is most certainly not true, at least not in the U.S.

    OK not quite all but those I've played with does have NTSC and PAL
    support. That's like 7 different DVD players altogether.
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

    Impmon, Aug 1, 2004
  7. elektra2

    ML-78 Guest

    elektra2 wrote:

    > So, I happened to pop in a PAL DVD the other day and to my surprise it
    > played! I have a Toshiba progressive scan player and a 16:9 Toshiba TV

    set.
    > Is this just a fluke or have other people been able to play PAL DVDs

    on
    > Toshiba equipment?

    Considering Toshiba sell lots of PAL-equipment I would think many people
    have.

    ML-78

    ML-78, Aug 1, 2004
  8. elektra2

    MyWay Guest

    Check out your model on...

    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers...it=Search&Search=Search&country=&orderby=Name

    Ardna

    MyWay, Aug 1, 2004
  9. elektra2

    unclejr Guest

    "Matthew L. Martin" <> wrote...
    > I don't know what Toshiba the OP is talking about, but my SD-4900 plays
    > both NTSC and PAL DVDs.

    My SD-1700 (purchased in 1999), unfortunately, plays only NTSC R1 DVDs. :-(

    -Junior

    unclejr, Aug 2, 2004