    Please advice.

    Regards,

    Sanjoy

    Sanjoy, Jun 2, 2008

  2. Sanjoy

    Bender Guest

    In Windows Vista, the 'My ' has been replaced with ''.
    For example, instead of 'My Computer', look for 'Computer'.
    Another example is 'My Documents' is now 'Documents'.
    My Music is now Music, My Downloads is now Downloads. My Books is now Books,
    My Games is now Games, My Favorites is now Favorites.
    My Network Places is ... I think you might be getting the idea now.

    Bender, Jun 2, 2008

  3. Sanjoy

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Sanjoy.

    You've posted into a newsgroup (a Community) dedicated to 64-bit Windows.
    Your question is not 64-bit specific, so you should post it in a general
    Windows newsgroup. And, when you do, PLEASE say which version of Windows
    you are running: Windows Pro SP2 or SP3? Vista x64? Or what? The answer
    depends on what you are using.

    Since "My Computer" was replaced with "Computer" in Vista, as Bender said,
    I'm guessing that you MAY be running WinXP. If so, then perhaps you should
    start in "Documents & Settings". In Vista, look in C:\Users\<username -
    Sanjoy?>\Documents. Or just click Start | Documents.

    For details, post to the proper newsgroup, as I suggested above.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jun 2, 2008
  4. The My Computer link in Vista is a legacy folder and redirects to Computer.
    You cannot see or use My Computer. It is there for software compatibility
    reasons. Some XP programs are erroneously hard-coded to write to My
    Computer and would not work in Vista without redirection. In Vista some
    areas previously used by XP Programs are now protected and Vista will not
    allow the writes.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 2, 2008
  5. Sanjoy

    Sanjoy Guest

    Hi Guys,

    Thanks for the responses, but somehow I think you did not get the query.....

    I shall try to explain that in a bit detail.

    1. I am using Win XP SP2 and not Vista
    2. We are all aware of the My Documents folder the default location of which
    is in C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents.
    3. Under My computer we can generally see the Hard Disks and the External
    and Internal Drives (If Any). It is possible to view the My Documents folder
    also in the same view under a section called 'Other Stored Folders'.

    In this system of mine I am unable to see that. I wanted to know if anyone
    can tell me how to get that under My Computer.

    Hope I am clear, please revert in case of any queries that you may have on
    the subject.

    Any response on this will be appreciated.

    Regards,

    Sanjoy

    Sanjoy, Jun 3, 2008
  6. Sanjoy

    Carlos Guest

    Sanjoy,
    You actually have it right there, when you open My PC.
    Left pane, expand "Other Places".
    The two arrows of the chevron should be pointing up when "Other Places" is
    expanded.
    There's a direct link to "My Documents" there.
    Would that help?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jun 3, 2008
  7. Sanjoy

    Mark H Guest

    Do you have My Documents on your Desktop?
    If not, it doesn't show in the list.

    Mark H, Jun 3, 2008
  8. And, to add to the others' comments, this is not an XP newsgroup. It is for
    64bit Windows issues. You might also try the
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general group.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 3, 2008