    a way to change this behavior so that I can change
    this to the (G:) in my case.

    Thank You
    Zap Eagle, Aug 24, 2007

  2. Zap Eagle

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Zap Eagle" <> wrote in message
    news:Wprzi.72173$Fc.34924@attbi_s21...
    >I have added a second hard drive which has all my data exclusively on that
    >drive (G:). Most of the software I can set the
    > default directories/drives for opening and saving files. However, there
    > are other instances when things always default to my
    > documents and is a pain to change to the desired directory desire. Is
    > there a way to change this behavior so that I can change
    > this to the (G:) in my case.
    >
    > Thank You

    Why not change My Documents? Right-click on the folder, select properties.
    WhzzKdd, Aug 24, 2007

  3. Zap Eagle

    Guest

    "Zap Eagle" <> wrote:

    >I have added a second hard drive which has all my data exclusively on that
    >drive (G:). Most of the software I can set the
    >default directories/drives for opening and saving files. However, there are
    >other instances when things always default to my
    >documents and is a pain to change to the desired directory desire. Is there
    >a way to change this behavior so that I can change
    >this to the (G:) in my case.

    You can do this with TweakUI
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
    - My Computer, Special Folders
    --

    "In my own soul, I feel the terrible pain of this loss. I feel that
    God does not want me, that God is not God and that he does
  4. Zap Eagle

    WhzzKdd Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "Zap Eagle" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have added a second hard drive which has all my data exclusively on that
    >>drive (G:). Most of the software I can set the
    >>default directories/drives for opening and saving files. However, there
    >>are
    >>other instances when things always default to my
    >>documents and is a pain to change to the desired directory desire. Is
    >>there
    >>a way to change this behavior so that I can change
    >>this to the (G:) in my case.

    > You can do this with TweakUI
    > www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
    > - My Computer, Special Folders
    >
    > "In my own soul, I feel the terrible pain of this loss. I feel that
    > God does not want me, that God is not God and that he does
    > not really exist." - Mother Teresa http://tinyurl.com/2x8lmy

    Interesting quote <g>
    WhzzKdd, Aug 24, 2007
  5. Zap Eagle

    Zap Eagle Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "Zap Eagle" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have added a second hard drive which has all my data exclusively on that
    >>drive (G:). Most of the software I can set the
    >>default directories/drives for opening and saving files. However, there
    >>are
    >>other instances when things always default to my
    >>documents and is a pain to change to the desired directory desire. Is
    >>there
    >>a way to change this behavior so that I can change
    >>this to the (G:) in my case.

    > You can do this with TweakUI
    > www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
    > - My Computer, Special Folders
    > --
    >
    > "In my own soul, I feel the terrible pain of this loss. I feel that
    > God does not want me, that God is not God and that he does
    > not really exist." - Mother Teresa http://tinyurl.com/2x8lmy

    I had TweakUI on the computer and just didn't drill down deep enough until
    you mention
    My computer, Special Folders which led me to investigate the drop down list.
    I appears to work
    for a lot of the programs, but some of them still go to the old. I did not
    delete the old, but copied
    the directory to the (G:) drive. Do I need to deleted the old directory (My
    Documents) and is that
    safe do do?
    Thanks
    Zap Eagle, Aug 25, 2007
  6. Zap Eagle

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Zap Eagle" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> "Zap Eagle" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have added a second hard drive which has all my data exclusively on
    >>>that
    >>>drive (G:). Most of the software I can set the
    >>>default directories/drives for opening and saving files. However, there
    >>>are
    >>>other instances when things always default to my
    >>>documents and is a pain to change to the desired directory desire. Is
    >>>there
    >>>a way to change this behavior so that I can change
    >>>this to the (G:) in my case.

    >> You can do this with TweakUI
    >> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
    >> - My Computer, Special Folders

    > I had TweakUI on the computer and just didn't drill down deep enough until
    > you mention
    > My computer, Special Folders which led me to investigate the drop down
    > list. I appears to work
    > for a lot of the programs, but some of them still go to the old. I did
    > not delete the old, but copied
    > the directory to the (G:) drive. Do I need to deleted the old directory
    > (My Documents) and is that
    > safe do do?
    > Thanks

    Rather than "COPY" the folder to the other drive, you can "MOVE" it there.
    Then the program which know how to use "My Documents" as Windows intended
    don't even realize it's been moved. Right-click on "My Documents", select
    "Properties", then use the Move button. Of course, now that you already
    copied it, moving it would create duplicates of everything.
    WhzzKdd, Aug 25, 2007
  7. Zap Eagle

    LAH Guest

    "Zap Eagle" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> "Zap Eagle" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have added a second hard drive which has all my data exclusively on
    >>>that
    >>>drive (G:). Most of the software I can set the
    >>>default directories/drives for opening and saving files. However, there
    >>>are
    >>>other instances when things always default to my
    >>>documents and is a pain to change to the desired directory desire. Is
    >>>there
    >>>a way to change this behavior so that I can change
    >>>this to the (G:) in my case.

    >> You can do this with TweakUI
    >> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
    >> - My Computer, Special Folders
    >> --
    >>
    >> "In my own soul, I feel the terrible pain of this loss. I feel that
    >> God does not want me, that God is not God and that he does
    >> not really exist." - Mother Teresa http://tinyurl.com/2x8lmy

    > I had TweakUI on the computer and just didn't drill down deep enough until
    > you mention
    > My computer, Special Folders which led me to investigate the drop down
    > list. I appears to work
    > for a lot of the programs, but some of them still go to the old. I did
    > not delete the old, but copied
    > the directory to the (G:) drive. Do I need to deleted the old directory
    > (My Documents) and is that
    > safe do do?
    > Thanks

    Here's an alternative I use for pictures. It might work for use in My
    Documents. I created a folder, called "Picture Archive", for storing old
    pictures on my second drive. I also created a shortcut to it in "My
    Pictures" which is still on the original drive. New pictures from my camera
    are still downloaded as usual. As I accumulate more recent ones and no
    longer access them as often I simply drag and drop the pictures (I usually
    have them sorted in folders according to subject or date) into the "Picture
    Archive" located on the second drive. If I'm trying to locate a picture and
    can't find it in "My Pictures", it is very easy to just click on the
    shortcut located in "My Pictures" and immediately I'm in the "Picture
    Archive".

    Just an idea.
    LAH, Aug 25, 2007
  8. Zap Eagle

    DogBrain Guest

    LAH wrote:
    > "Zap Eagle" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message

    Point (my dokuments) to G.\
    open explorer> rightclick on my dokument > properties and change the path to
    "G.\My Dokuments" or what name you want.
    And have the rest personal folders inside that folder.
    DogBrain, Aug 26, 2007