My Digital pictures in Astronomy

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by floastro, Jan 24, 2005.

  1. floastro

    floastro Guest

    Hi All,

    I am new on this forum. My name is Florent, I am 32, I live in Franc
    40 miles from Paris.

    One of my passion is Astronomy (since 22 years old now). I take digita
    pictures of the night sky : Galaxies, nebulas.

    For that, I use a CCD camera made by SBIG (Santa Barbara Instrumen
    Group) located in California and specialized for this astronomica
    material.

    If you are interested you can visit my website where you can see m
    digital pictures and all my material.

    You will find the link in my signature below.

    Give me your impressions.

    Best Reagards,

    Florent

    --------------
    Florent Poiget's High Quality Digital Photography
    Astronomical & U.S.A Ntl. Parks images

    CCD ALTAZ & AO web site : http://www.astrosurf.com/ccdaltazao

    Pithiviers le Vieil/Jouy-En-Pithiverais-----------------FRANCE

    Losmandy HGM TITAN / Gemini Goto mount
    Meade 12" UHTC SCT OTA
    William Optics FLT-110 Triplet APO SD OTA
    William Optics Megrez 80 Triplet APO Fluorite OTA
    SBIG ST-10XME/CFW-8A/AO-

    --
    floastro
    floastro, Jan 24, 2005

  2. floastro

    Jürgen Eidt Guest

    "floastro" <> schrieb
    [..]
    > One of my passion is Astronomy (since 22 years old now). I take digital
    > pictures of the night sky : Galaxies, nebulas.

    [..]
    > CCD ALTAZ & AO web site : http://www.astrosurf.com/ccdaltazao

    I always find the deep space pictures fascinating!
    I see that you take care for noise reduction by cooling down the CCD.
    Isn't noise removal a big topic? How do you distinguish between some noise
    and a far galaxy or single star?
    Jürgen Eidt, Jan 25, 2005