  1. my Desktop Pc is dead. power signal and hard disk light are on but the
    monitor don't receive power and the computer doesn't start his activities
    with the classical bip. Could be a problem with the cmos battery? bye thx

    ItalianPcSpeck, Apr 14, 2005

  2. ItalianPcSpeck

    Spammy Sammy Guest

    "ItalianPcSpeck" <> wrote in message
    news:Rmu7e.1234069$...
    > my Desktop Pc is dead. power signal and hard disk light are on but the
    > monitor don't receive power and the computer doesn't start his activities
    > with the classical bip. Could be a problem with the cmos battery? bye thx

    Se la batteria di CMOS fosse guasto il sistema lavoro tranquillo ma non
    manterrebbe il tempo e la data. Se il bordo ha a bordo del video mettere una
    scheda dentro preferibilmente. Se giĆ  fate provare una scheda un altro.
    Provi l'altra memoria. Provando le parti differenti in una buona macchina
    potete identificare il settore problematico. Se niente funziona allora lo
    schiavo il vostro azionamento duro in altra macchina.

    Spammy Sammy, Apr 16, 2005

  3. ItalianPcSpeck

    plazticsoul Guest

    "Mark Mandell" <> wrote in message

    > "ItalianPcSpeck" <> wrote in message
    >> my Desktop Pc is dead. power signal and hard disk light are on but the
    >> monitor don't receive power and the computer doesn't start his activities
    >> with the classical bip. Could be a problem with the cmos battery? bye thx
    >>

    > Or bad RAM or even a dead mobo(based on your statement about there not
    > being the 'classical bip').

    Is the video onboard or is it a seperate card?

    plazticsoul, Apr 16, 2005
  4. ItalianPcSpeck

    Paul Guest

    > my Desktop Pc is dead. power signal and hard disk light are on but the
    > monitor don't receive power and the computer doesn't start his activities
    > with the classical bip. Could be a problem with the cmos battery? bye thx

    It's not the CMOS battery (I don't think, anyway)

    Does the monitor really not receive power or do you mean just no picture?

    Is it AT or ATX?

    Have you tried disconnecting Floppy cables, HDD cables, and PCI cards? Just
    PWR, MoBo and CPU. Still no beep?

    Paul, Apr 17, 2005
  5. ItalianPcSpeck

    richie2k5 Guest

    :? maybe ur speaker wire got disconnected from the MoBo. or maybe the
    speaker is dead. how about the PSU's fan: is it spining.
    Is ur monitor light in standby mode (orange or yellow) or is it
    displaying a green light.

    richie2k5, Apr 22, 2005
  6. If the power comes on, fans spin but nothing happens it is usually one
    of 2 things:

    Dead mobo (usually a failed capacitor according to an article I was
    reading recently)

    Dead processor - although this usually results in power coming on then
    going off very quickly again.

    a RAM problem should produce a beep code, as should a graphics
    problem. An error which produces no beeps is usually fundamental. Try
    finding a new mobo to test your CPU in - though I'd not recommend
    trying another CPU in your mobo just in case it was problematic and
    fried the CPU as well.

    the_angry_monkey, Apr 26, 2005