    locked from doing anything to it. I have searched to no avail for a fix.

    Any suggestions.

    Thanks

    Random Betrayal, Jan 11, 2008

  2. Use System Restore to restore back to before the update. If you still have
    the issue, uninstall the updates. If that works, you can reinstall the
    updates one by one manually if you wish until you know which one is causing
    this.

    "Random Betrayal" <Random > wrote in
    message news:...

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 11, 2008

  3. Random Betrayal

    Carlos Guest

    If he succeeds getting his drive back to the non write-protected state, I
    would also physically disconnect the data drive while restoring the updates
    and plug it back after the updates are done.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 11, 2008
  4. I did a system restore and it did not change anything.

    Can I copy everything off the drive into another one then format the write
    protected one and bring back all the data? Will this effect the write
    protection?

    Random Betrayal, Jan 11, 2008
  5. That might work. Delete and then recreate the partition, do a quick format,
    and then copy back your files.

    "Random Betrayal" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 11, 2008