    someone please tell me what might be the possible cause for this?

    I've tried uninstalling my mouse, to no avail.

    XP Pro user
    zaqona, Mar 5, 2004

  2. zaqona

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    zaqona wrote:
    || Every so often, my cursor start darting around, and opening things up,
    all
    || on its own, when this happens I am powerless to do any thing about it.
    Can
    || someone please tell me what might be the possible cause for this?
    || I've tried uninstalling my mouse, to no avail.
    || XP Pro user

    Scan 4 a Trojan
    ^^artnada^^, Mar 5, 2004

  3. zaqona wrote:
    > Every so often, my cursor start darting around, and opening things up, all
    > on its own, when this happens I am powerless to do any thing about it. Can
    > someone please tell me what might be the possible cause for this?
    >
    > I've tried uninstalling my mouse, to no avail.
    >
    > XP Pro user

    Is your mouse a optical one , if yes do you have a reflective mouse pad
    that will be your problem .. Total
    Total Extermintor, Mar 5, 2004
  4. zaqona

    Chris M Guest

    "zaqona" <> wrote in message

    > Every so often, my cursor start darting around, and opening things up, all
    > on its own, when this happens I am powerless to do any thing about it. Can
    > someone please tell me what might be the possible cause for this?
    >
    > I've tried uninstalling my mouse, to no avail.

    Are you using a wireless mouse? Some older wireless keyboards and mice are
    not secure, so if you live above/below/next to someone who has the same
    brand of wireless mouse, you could find that they interfere with each other.

    --
    Chris M.
    Chris M, Mar 6, 2004
  5. zaqona

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Voodoo?

    (hee hee)

    Tim

    Toolman Tim, Mar 6, 2004
  6. zaqona

    Nathan Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > Voodoo?

    I would suggest that you take more time and read the boxes before you
    buy a product. You see, what you bought wasn't WINDOWS XP, But Ouija XP.
    Every once in a while, a "Computer Geeks" spirit from the other world
    will take control of your cursor and show you exactly what he was doing
    when he died from that overdose of Twinkee's and Pepsi.
    There are a few ways to get those spirits out of your system, if you are
    doing something really important, like chatting or downloading porn.

    1>Roll your 1d20 for a saving roll against wandering spirits and compare
    it to your Intelligence rating if it is lower than you made the save.
    2>Press the "Any" Key
    3>Have Worf scan your system for any life forms and then use Data to
    contact them in their alien language, and politely ask them to leave.

    Nathan"2:30 am is probably not a good time to try to joke around" T
    Nathan, Mar 6, 2004
  7. zaqona

    uker Guest

    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    > > Voodoo?

    And I am using an old type Microsoft PS/2 Mouse,

    with left and right presses.

    I've scanned for viruses; it's not showing any Trojan's

    Done scan disk & all that jazz

    But it still keeps on coming to life, now and then.

    It's as though it has a mind of its own.

    Could it be one of those aliens?
    uker, Mar 6, 2004
  8. zaqona

    Lookout Guest

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 02:25:43 -0600, Nathan
    <> wrote:

    >Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> Voodoo?
    >>

    >I would suggest that you take more time and read the boxes before you
    >buy a product. You see, what you bought wasn't WINDOWS XP, But Ouija XP.
    >Every once in a while, a "Computer Geeks" spirit from the other world
    >will take control of your cursor and show you exactly what he was doing
    >when he died from that overdose of Twinkee's and Pepsi.
    >There are a few ways to get those spirits out of your system, if you are
    >doing something really important, like chatting or downloading porn.
    >
    >1>Roll your 1d20 for a saving roll against wandering spirits and compare
    >it to your Intelligence rating if it is lower than you made the save.
    >2>Press the "Any" Key
    >3>Have Worf scan your system for any life forms and then use Data to
    >contact them in their alien language, and politely ask them to leave.
    >
    >Nathan"2:30 am is probably not a good time to try to joke around" T

    You killed me with this one
    Lookout, Mar 6, 2004
  9. zaqona

    c.r0wlands4 Guest

    You are kidding! I couldn't find the "Any" key on my keyboard - does it come
    from the other side?:)

    c.r0wlands4, Mar 6, 2004