My Computer

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by werty316, Jun 29, 2005.

  1. werty316

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Specs (yes it is old)
    1600+
    ABIT KD7 (KT400)
    GF3 ti500
    Soundblaster LIVE value
    512MB DDR PC2100
    120gig WD
    80gig Seagate
    LG 16x DVD burner
    LiteON 16x CD burner
    X-Connect 500W PSU
    Logitech MX500
    Logitech Z-560 Speakers
    Cheifec Dragon case

    werty316, Jun 29, 2005

  2. werty316

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Nice looking rig, pretty near inside for a system as loaded as yours looks to be........:)

    Bio-Hazard, Jun 29, 2005

  3. werty316

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    thx how you like my home made round cables? Gotta love the electic tape though I think I am gonna use regular IDE cables as the electric tape makes them very stiff. Plus I got dual blue cathodes lighting coming in Nov when my sis and her husband come up to visit then the crappy green LED tube sitting in there right now. I am also thinking about painting the inside black.

    werty316, Jun 29, 2005
  4. werty316

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Nice case, nice fan. Could use better WM.

    Technoholic, Jun 30, 2005
  5. werty316

    Blazin Trav

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    29
    Needs UV lighting and more tucking of the cables.

    Blazin Trav, Jun 30, 2005
  6. werty316

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    Try cleaning up some of the wires.. Other then that more lights and it really looks good.

    stlava, Jun 30, 2005
  7. werty316

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    It's pretty darn hard to hid X-Connect power cables, they are to thick, hard abd stiff. Only draw back to the PSU that I can see.

    Bio-Hazard, Jun 30, 2005
  8. werty316

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    Using zip ties are the best way out..

    stlava, Jun 30, 2005
  9. werty316

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    They still won'y really go out of the way, I have the same PSU, I know, you pretty much have to let them make their nice easy bends or you'll end up screwing something up.
    Here's a pic of how mine is wired, with the way the cables are made, you can't do much unless you stare cutting on the cables and the molded ends.
    [​IMG]

    Bio-Hazard, Jun 30, 2005
  10. werty316

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    It looks nice.. I mean just the stuff poking out on his..

    stlava, Jun 30, 2005
  11. werty316

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    I might do a Cable Hiding Example :D

    unholy, Jun 30, 2005
  12. werty316

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    Thx for all the responses everyone but I tried to hide as much of the cabling as I can but what you see is all I can really think of doing. Most of the cables that you do see either can't be hidden anymore then I try. Still If I had pics of my brothers computer to compare everyone would agree mine looks way cleaner. His PSU cables are everywhere and he has a smaller case. AS for lighting I can't wait for my dual cathode kit and also I am getting one of those tri-lighted fans. I know they look ugly I mean who wants a tri-lighted fan but it was only $2 on sale.

    werty316, Jun 30, 2005
  13. werty316

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    lol, why did u buy it... :D, u have to show us pics when u get the lights in :D

    unholy, Jun 30, 2005
  14. werty316

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    The cables on the Ultra do look really cool under UV light though, if that's your thing that is.............;) Me, I don't care about UV all that much. but I have a ton of it in my cases...........LOL.

    Bio-Hazard, Jun 30, 2005
  15. werty316

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    UV = ghood to the shins!

    unholy, Jun 30, 2005
  16. werty316

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    Not really a big fan of UV and when I bought a dual blue kit I totally forgot X-Connects have UV cables doh!. Though now that I think about I kinda actualy want UV lights just to see how it looks. Also I can't remember if the UV version was on sale at the time of purchase. It was a while back in Xoxide's newletter. I think it was 2 newsletters ago for anyone who still has it. I can't wait til Nov. Ah well its only lights no biggie though I can't wait to put em in.
    Also I did a little bit a cable work to try to make things more clean. I'll get some more pics if I can see if my brother will let me borrow his digital camera. THe only main difference are the cables lying onthe buttomm of the case which I don't think you can see in the pics I post earlier.

    werty316, Jun 30, 2005
  17. werty316

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Do you have blacklight? They do come in handy. :D

    Technoholic, Jun 30, 2005
  18. werty316

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    Nope no black lights

    werty316, Jul 1, 2005
  19. werty316

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    That's like me, no black lights and I have a LanParty MoBo and Ultra PSU..................:)

    Bio-Hazard, Jul 1, 2005
  20. werty316

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i want your Lanparty BIO!!!!!, i dont mind the ultra PSU ether!!!

    unholy, Jul 1, 2005