    2
    I just installed AVG on my husband's computer and when I was through I meant to reboot but instead I clicked on Shut Down. When I tried to restart it I got a message that I needed to remove a floopy, which I did. Then the screen was blank and either the CPU or the fan is running. I tried to turn the CPU off but it won't shut off or the fan won't shut off. I can't turn the computer on either. I can faintly see the Windows start up logo or the shut down logo in the monitor but that is all. Please help! My husband is ticked. Says I broke his computer.

    FuzzyFleischer
    FuzzyFleischer, Jun 1, 2008

  2. FuzzyFleischer

    FuzzyFleischer

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    After reading some of your posts I decided to try holding in the off/on button on the CPU for 5 seconds and the computer turned off. It then started up just fine and everything is working great. The problem was that the AVG antivitus I had installed had not updated and the computer wasn't happy with that. After I got the computer restarted again I updated the AVG and the computer seems to be happy. If I have further problems I will be back.
    FuzzyFleischer, Jun 1, 2008