    detect makes make my computer go looking for viruses every time windows
    start. Can anyone tell me whats going on and where remedies that fix this
    problem can be found. Thanks.

    Pål Jensen, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Pål Jensen

    Pål Jensen Guest

    Found it. It is apparently a program called twink24.

    "Pål Jensen" <> skrev i melding
    > When I start windows the dialog box for connecting to the net comes up by
    > itself. If I let the computer connect it apparently start downloading
    > viruses (which the anti virus software take care of). No web page is

    opened.

    Pål Jensen, Sep 9, 2004

  3. Pål Jensen

    Quaoar Guest

    Pål Jensen wrote:
    > Found it. It is apparently a program called twink24.
    >

    > "Pål Jensen" <> skrev i melding
    >> When I start windows the dialog box for connecting to the net comes
    >> up by itself. If I let the computer connect it apparently start
    >> downloading viruses (which the anti virus software take care of). No
    >> web page is opened. Neither the virus program nor CWshredder or
    >> Spybot (all updated today) detect makes make my computer go looking
    >> for viruses every time windows start. Can anyone tell me whats going
    >> on and where remedies that fix this problem can be found. Thanks.

    Get a free personal firewall to accompany your anti-virus. Sygate,
    ZoneAlarm, Kerio, etc. A firewall will block unwanted access to your
    computer, and notify of unwelcomed dialing out.

    Quaoar, Sep 10, 2004
  4. On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 22:13:49 +0200, "Pål Jensen"
    <> wrote:

    >When I start windows the dialog box for connecting to the net comes up by
    >itself. If I let the computer connect it apparently start downloading
    >viruses (which the anti virus software take care of). No web page is opened.
    >Neither the virus program nor CWshredder or Spybot (all updated today)
    >detect makes make my computer go looking for viruses every time windows
    >start. Can anyone tell me whats going on and where remedies that fix this
    >problem can be found. Thanks.

    Who says it is a virus? Well,... totay we could say: "What is a virus
    and what is more..."
    Give it a good sweep (mostly free) with some other soft
    http://www.nondisputandum.com/html/registry___system.html
    http://www.nondisputandum.com/html/anti_spyware.html
    http://www.nondisputandum.com/html/antivirus___firewall.html
    greetz