    Is this a virus?

    I hope someone can help me

    Thanks
    Zoltan87, Dec 12, 2007

  2. Zoltan87

    Zoltan87

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    It restarted just a second ago but then it cut out again

    Possible problems with the BIOS?
    Zoltan87, Dec 12, 2007

  3. Zoltan87

    davedaman

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    Is your computer old? How much RAM, hows the power supply?
    davedaman, Dec 13, 2007
  4. Zoltan87

    BohemianGeek

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2007
    Messages:
    15
    pc shutdown

    hi, have you tried starting it in a safe mode??

    if your not sure how, this is the best way I know.

    Turn your computer on and rapidly hit the F8 key until you see the windows advance option screen displaying several boot options. Then using the arrow keys select Safe Mode. Press enter.
    This system restore utility can be used to restore any previous restore point.
    Go to Start - all programs - accessories - system tools - system restore;
    then follow the instructions to restore your system to a previous date. While your in safe mode, you can also run a antivirus/antispyware to make sure it wasn’t a virus or malware.

    hope it helps :girl:
    BohemianGeek, Dec 14, 2007