    sent. I removed NAV and installed pc-cillin. It now return clean scans,
    but still those massive emails are getting sent out. Anyone able to
    help me on this?
    kapono, Nov 27, 2005

  2. kapono

    Trax Guest

    "kapono" <> wrote:

    |>I cannot find the program on my computer that is sending out massive
    |>amounts of emails. If I didn't have my antivirus program scanning
    |>outgoing emails, I wouldn't even know they're being sent. I had NAV
    |>earlier in the week. It found and deleted "Trojan.danmec", then
    |>returned cleaned scans. Still, the unauthorized emails kept getting
    |>sent. I removed NAV and installed pc-cillin. It now return clean scans,
    |>but still those massive emails are getting sent out. Anyone able to
    |>help me on this?

    Download and run TCPView
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html
    and find out what program it is.

    Can'd response:
    download and run Process Explorer
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

    Double click on the process(s), reading it's image, and command line;
    will tell you where to find them. stop the process and delete the
    file/directory.

    Run Regedit and search for the file name(s) deleting them as you find
    them.

    --
    Service call? Talk to a human...
    http://paulenglish.com/ivr/
    Trax, Nov 27, 2005

  3. kapono

    Plato Guest

    kapono wrote:

    > I cannot find the program on my computer that is sending out massive
    > amounts of emails. If I didn't have my antivirus program scanning
    > outgoing emails, I wouldn't even know they're being sent. I had NAV
    > earlier in the week. It found and deleted "Trojan.danmec", then
    > returned cleaned scans. Still, the unauthorized emails kept getting
    > sent. I removed NAV and installed pc-cillin. It now return clean scans,
    > but still those massive emails are getting sent out. Anyone able to
    > help me on this?

    You are still infected. And perhaps, your current anti-virus .exes are
    also infected. Time to download some other anti-virus apps, boot to safe
    mode to install and run.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Nov 27, 2005
  4. kapono

    7 Guest

    kapono wrote:

    > I cannot find the program on my computer that is sending out massive
    > amounts of emails. If I didn't have my antivirus program scanning
    > outgoing emails, I wouldn't even know they're being sent. I had NAV
    > earlier in the week. It found and deleted "Trojan.danmec", then
    > returned cleaned scans. Still, the unauthorized emails kept getting
    > sent. I removed NAV and installed pc-cillin. It now return clean scans,
    > but still those massive emails are getting sent out. Anyone able to
    > help me on this?

    For surfing, there are a lot free windows out there.
    http://www.livecdlist.com
    Try Knoppix, Mepis, DSL etc.
    They can boot from and run from CD and not touch your hard disk.
    All your hardware is autodetected for most types of
    internet configurations if you have ethernet card.
    7, Nov 27, 2005
  5. kapono

    lee jolly Guest

    1) All you need to do is install AVG from their site, and run AVG in safe
    mode by pressing either F5 or F8 at startup (but make sure your AVG
    antivirus is updated to the latest version) 7.1

    This should remove all viruses

    2) then make sure you have a decent spyware program such as spybot (but make
    sure thats updated also before running) as the problem could also be spyware
    mailing your emails.

    This should remove all spyware (or most of it)

    lee jolly, Nov 27, 2005