    problem?

    TIA
    Arawak
    Arawak, Sep 3, 2003

  2. Arawak

    Boomer :) Guest

    Arawak wrote:
    > My computer running WinXP keeps freezing up.
    > If left unattended for more than an hour, when I return everything is
    > frozen. Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work either. What can be causing this
    > problem?

    Can't tell you much, but someone will be along shortly to offer advice. In
    the meantime, you might like to look for earlier posts on the same subject.
    And as for posting, whatever you do, don't post in HTML. And if you want to
    post test messages, please use a TEST group.

    alt.test --------------------------------->
    misc.test ------------------------------>
    za.test --------------------------------->

    The purpose of test newsgroups is to allow users to test
    their news software and servers without annoying others.

    FYI http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/testpost.html

    Thank You :-[*]
    Boomer :), Sep 3, 2003

  3. Arawak

    Boomer :) Guest

    Arawak said:

    > My computer running WinXP keeps freezing up.
    > If left unattended for more than an hour, when I return
    > everything is frozen. Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work either. What can
    > be causing this problem?
    >
    > TIA
    > Arawak

    See if this helps:
    http://www.experts-
    exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20691152.html
    Boomer :), Sep 3, 2003
  4. Arawak

    Mike0000 Guest

    Disable your screensaver. See if your power settings at one hour are doing
    anything like shutting down the drives, etc.

    Run a full and updated virus scan.

    Install and run Ad Aware and remove anything it finds.

    --
    Mike

    Block web ads
    http://everythingisnt.com/hosts.html