    Just after saying welcome to windows.

    Chiwenda
    Zambia

    Chiwenda, Jun 29, 2005

  2. Chiwenda

    Ingeborg Guest

    "Chiwenda" <> wrote in news::

    > I have a problem with my PC. I installed WinXP, But after installion,
    > there is an
    > erorr coming reading that your Virtual memory is low then it restart,
    > Just after saying welcome to windows.
    >

    > Chiwenda
    > Zambia

    Try to start in safe mode
    <http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001052409420406?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam>
    and make sure there's enough diskspace. (You'll need about 500MB).

    Ingeborg, Jun 29, 2005

  3. Chiwenda

    Chiwenda Guest

    Re: My Computer Restarts after error saying is Virtual memory Low.

    I was thinking of upgrading the RAM from 250mb to 500mb. i not
    installed can it work!.

    Chiwenda, Jun 29, 2005
  4. Chiwenda

    Chiwenda writes:

    > I was thinking of upgrading the RAM from 250mb to 500mb.

    What you think is irrelevant.

    > i not installed can it work!

    Classic reading comprehension problem.

    , Jun 29, 2005
  5. Chiwenda

    Ingeborg Guest

    Re: My Computer Restarts after error saying is Virtual memory Low.

    "Chiwenda" <> wrote in news:1120042370.383001.79520
    @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > I was thinking of upgrading the RAM from 250mb to 500mb. i not
    > installed can it work!.

    XP will work better with 512MB. But I don't think it will solve your
    current problems. When XP doesn't even boot completely with 256MB a memory
    expansion will not help, I'm afraid.

    Ingeborg, Jun 29, 2005
  6. Chiwenda

    Chiwenda Guest

    Re: My Computer Restarts after error saying is Virtual memory Low.

    I wanted to say that! will it work! if i upgrade the RAM from 256MB
    to 152 MB

    Chiwenda, Jun 29, 2005
  8. Chiwenda

    Sly Guest

    Re: My Computer Restarts after error saying is Virtual memory Low.

    thatd be a downgrade going from 256 to 152

    Sly, Jun 29, 2005
  9. Chiwenda

    Chiwenda Guest

    Re: My Computer Restarts after error saying is Virtual memory Low.

    Virtual memory is full.
    That 's the error! after wards it restarts.

    Chiwenda, Jun 29, 2005
  10. Chiwenda

    Chiwenda Guest

    Re: My Computer Restarts after error saying is Virtual memory Low.

    the PC is running on 256 RAM, i wanted to upgrade to 512 hoping that it
    will work.
    thanx

    Chiwenda, Jun 29, 2005
  11. Chiwenda

    Ingeborg Guest

    Re: My Computer Restarts after error saying is Virtual memory Low.

    "Chiwenda" <> wrote in news:1120045523.801125.23410
    @g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Virtual memory is full.
    > That 's the error! after wards it restarts.

    Virtual memory is the sum of fysical memory and the swap file.
    The swap file exists on harddisk, and is dynamically resized by Windows
    when needed. So when the harddisk is full, the size of the virtual memory
    is limited.
    The message 'Virtual memory is full' usually means that the harddisk is
    full.

    Ingeborg, Jun 29, 2005
  12. Chiwenda

    Chiwenda Guest

    Re: My Computer Restarts after error saying is Virtual memory Low.

    The hard disk is 120 Gig new! with only windows Xp installted

    Chiwenda, Jun 29, 2005
  13. Chiwenda

    Unk Guest

    On 29 Jun 2005 03:15:16 -0700, "Chiwenda" <> wrote:

    >I have a problem with my PC. I installed WinXP, But after installion,
    >there is an
    >erorr coming reading that your Virtual memory is low then it restart,
    >Just after saying welcome to windows.
    >

    >Chiwenda
    >Zambia

    Start up in the safe mode:
    Restart the computer. After the Power On Self Test (POST), press and hold the F8 key.

    Once in the safe mode, Right-click "My Computer", "Properties", "Advanced" tab. Under
    Performance section, click the "Settings" button, "Advanced" tab, under the Virtual memory
    section, click the "Change" button, and check the option, "System managed size". Click the "Set"
    button, click "OK", "Apply", and "OK" your way out. Reboot to normal mode.

    Virtual Memory in Windows XP
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.htm

    Unk, Jun 29, 2005