    If I go to the System icon in the Control Panel, the Device Mangler is
    there.

    Is this normal in XP x64?

    Noozer, Jun 4, 2006

  2. I think someone once posted the root cause for this problem.
    Something about having PNP disabled or so.
    Can't recall who said that.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jun 4, 2006

  3. Noozer

    Jane Colman Guest

    Device Mangler is alive and well on mine via the My Computer, Properties,
    Hardware tab method.......

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.

    Jane Colman, Jun 4, 2006
  4. Check the Plug And Play Service.
    See if it is running.
    You can "see" the services by clicking on Start, Run and then type
    services.msc <ENTER>
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jun 4, 2006
  5. You are right, there is no Device Mangler, but there is a button called
    Device Manager. ;)
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 4, 2006
  6. Mine says "Administrador de Dispositivos".
    I wonder what does it say in Danish.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jun 4, 2006
  7. Lets wait on Tony to tell us. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 4, 2006
  8. Even I cannot tell you, Carlos - Nothing 'National' gets onto my machines,
    or I instantly reformat. That is, excluding spell-checkers!

    A wild guess would be: "Enheds Styring"

    Language course: "En"=One; "Enhed"=Unit; "Styring"=Stearing! (Easy as pie!)

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 5, 2006
  9. Noozer

    Noozer Guest

    PNP is set to Automatic and is indeed running.

    Something else that I've noticed is in my hard drive properties it states
    "No defragmentation tool is currently installed." I CAN get to defrag if I
    go to Manage my computer.

    Noozer, Jun 5, 2006