    2
    My computer pauses and freezes up and sometimes my mouse just freezes while the rest of the computer still works... I can press the sleep button and I can get the mouse to work again, but this is starting to drive me crazy. The computer is newer with a decent amount of memory. The mouse is not wireless....... but I can't figure out what's wrong. I run virus scans and spybot from time to time and I think the system is largely clean. But I just can't lick the problem.

    Any Ideas? I need help.

    allan1144, Jan 4, 2009

  2. allan1144

    technoplume

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2009
    Messages:
    55
    This kind of problem can be hard to pin point. First thing start by checking the hardware. Mabe the mouse cable was damage, or the connector on the mobo. Also check if the HD Sata cable is correctly inserted. If it's an optical mouse, make sure there is nothing in front of the laser. If u have an other mouse try her and see if u have the same problem. If all of those don't work u can run a ram test. If it pass Run a scandisk. If the problem is not fix I see only 2 solution left. There is something in the mobo or CPU that was damage, or corrupt driver. U can find tools on the web to help whit the corrupt driver and remove all trace of it. BUt I usualy go whit a fresh install. Before that something came to mind. Since SP3 I had printer driver that behave badly, I found out that I had to update them an that they were included in SP3 now. So the PC installed the printer 2 time. U could have a similar problem.

    technoplume, Jan 9, 2009

  3. allan1144

    allan1144

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Thanks It's driving me nuts. It might have something to do with Video as well as it seems when I'm running streaming video, or just have a high proformance website then It just keeps doing it. Starting to drive me nuts.

    allan1144, Jan 11, 2009
  4. allan1144

    technoplume

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2009
    Messages:
    55
    In that case I think your video card could be damage. It might have overheat and still work fine when idle. But when it get stress it make error. Might be the video ram. I saw tool to test video ram like the system ram, but never use them before. Look up Hiren's boot cd. It has most of the software for this kind of problem. Good luck

    technoplume, Jan 12, 2009
  5. allan1144

    Marshall

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    As you are saying. So its sure that it may be due to running streaming video, so keep attention while performing all these kinds of activities.

    Marshall, Jan 13, 2009
  6. allan1144

    jaspermeeks@comcast.net

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2009
    Messages:
    6
    also , check to see that you do not have alot of framented files.. this can slow down your pc.

    jaspermeeks@comcast.net, Feb 18, 2009