    Any ideas on how to fix this or why this key isn't working?

    Would this have something to do with the Human Interface Devices service or
    is that just for USB devices?

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FsYWh1ZGRpbg==?=, Feb 10, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2FsYWh1ZGRpbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Download the proper drivers for your keyboard for XP X64. They were very
    slow to develop them, but they work well now.

    John Barnes, Feb 10, 2007

  3. Is there a way I can find/install the latest driver without installing
    Intellitype Pro? On the Microsoft Hardware site, it tells me to download
    Intellitype Pro x64 version 6.1 when I choose Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500
    and Windows x64. I don't really want to install additional software if I
    don't have to.

    I have tried extracting the Intellitype executable into a directory and
    manually updating the driver. However, I can't seem to find any driver to
    match my keyboard... only other Microsoft keyboards are on the list, mostly
    USB and wireless models.

    I did a search and found www.driverfiles.net to have a Windows x64 driver
    for my keyboard, date Feb 2007. However, that site requires payment to
    download drivers off of their site.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FsYWh1ZGRpbg==?=, Feb 11, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U2FsYWh1ZGRpbg==?=

    Dshai Guest

    Try www.driversguide.com

    --

    Dshai

    Life is only limited by those living it...

    Dshai, Feb 11, 2007
  5. Thanks for the help.

    But, I checked the site and it is just telling me to download the same
    version of Intellitype I can download from Microsoft's official site. I
    guess that just means there is no Windows x64 driver for this keyboard yet.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FsYWh1ZGRpbg==?=, Feb 12, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?U2FsYWh1ZGRpbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Either install the program/driver or put a shortcut on your desktop. That
    is what many of us had to do until the 64-bit version of intellitype was
    available.

    John Barnes, Feb 12, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?U2FsYWh1ZGRpbg==?=

    Dshai Guest

    I suggest you install Intellitype and be done with it, it would appear to be
    your only option.

    Dshai, Feb 12, 2007