    to reinstall the operating system (all I have is the Millenium disc even
    though my computer has XP) but it won't work.

    If anyone can help me I would GREATLY appreciat it! thanks, Laura
    =?Utf-8?B?bGF1cmFtYW55YXA=?=, Jul 26, 2006

  2. Wow! Good memory training system!

    First off - have a look at your language settings, if that's all normal you
    should try a 'Repair Install' - boot your original CD and go on just as if
    you were to make a proper installation, the system will offer to repair any
    earlier installations it finds, keeps your personal files and setup, but you
    will have to allow for Windows Update to re-install all previous updates to
    the system.

    (If this is not a 64bit question, you might want to try one of ms's public
    newsgroups that have 'windowsxp' in it?)

    Tony. . .

    "lauramanyap" <> wrote in message
    > Ok,
    > so my computer shows up in all Marlette font. I can only navigate around

    it
    > by rememering what all the icons are on the desktop. I tried to restore

    my
    > computer to an earlier time but that did not work (there was only one date
    > this month available and it wouldn't let me go back a month). I found
    > something online that tells me to add fonts to the registry, but I can't

    read
    > anything when I open the registry editor so it doesn't really help. I

    tried

    Tony Sperling, Jul 27, 2006