    I don't know if something important got deleted or a setting was changed?
    I've searched through all the things that I am aware of.

    PLEASE!!!! Does anyone have a clue to this???

    =?Utf-8?B?Zm9nbWFu?=, Nov 21, 2006

  2. I'm just noticing that navigating some folders is very slow as well.
    Thumbnails are taking a long time to show up.

    =?Utf-8?B?Zm9nbWFu?=, Nov 21, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Zm9nbWFu?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:46:02 -0800, fogman
    <> wrote:

    >PLEASE!!!! Does anyone have a clue to this???

    Probably looking for network-drives which are not there.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Nov 21, 2006
  4. if they're not there, do you know how I can get them back?

    =?Utf-8?B?Zm9nbWFu?=, Nov 21, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Zm9nbWFu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    What product are you referring to? X64 Vista64 and if so, what build

    John Barnes, Nov 21, 2006
  6. It's Windows XP - Professional x64 Edition

    =?Utf-8?B?Zm9nbWFu?=, Nov 21, 2006
  7. This new system has been nothing but problems since I got it. I think I
    might be going back to 32 bit & XP.

    =?Utf-8?B?Zm9nbWFu?=, Nov 21, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Zm9nbWFu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Since none of that have had the system for 1 1/2 years have these problems,
    you need to examine what you have added to your system. You might start by
    looking in your task manager and see if something you added is eating your
    computer cycles. Add whatever columns you need to analyse what is going on
    when these problems happen.
    The only time it takes a while for my computer to fill in for me is when I
    launch it during startup. Often then it takes 5-10 seconds to display the
    window and sometimes the little flashlight waggles around for several
    minutes. Most of the time it launches immediately.

    John Barnes, Nov 21, 2006
  9. Thanks John.
    Nothing's really been added, and the System Restore doesn't change it, nor
    let's be go too far back?!
    I'm guessing something got deleted or altered without my knowing about it.

    I just have to ask myself the question of do I want to start fresh with a
    new install or windows? or go back to a 32 bit system?

    =?Utf-8?B?Zm9nbWFu?=, Nov 22, 2006
  10. Getting to know a new system can take some time. There'll be wrinkles to
    iron out - I little headache and some hair loss is hardly worth giving up on
    it for. Most people really like this OS and I think it has more personality
    than any other OS from MS.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 22, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?Zm9nbWFu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You could try running system file checker and see if it find anything Run
    then cmd then at the prompt sfc /scannow

    John Barnes, Nov 22, 2006
  12. That's seems interesting.
    I must use DOS corrrect? It's been a LONG time since I've had to do that.

    =?Utf-8?B?Zm9nbWFu?=, Nov 22, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?Zm9nbWFu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Just go to the start / programs / accessories / command propmpt and sfc
    /scannow

    John Barnes, Nov 22, 2006
  14. Thanks.
    Is any information that I have on my hard drive in danger by doing this??
    It's asking me to insert my Windows XP64 CD.

    =?Utf-8?B?Zm9nbWFu?=, Nov 22, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?Zm9nbWFu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    It will need to repair any defective system files it finds.

    John Barnes, Nov 22, 2006
  16. That was a good try, but it didn't work.

    I could swear something like this had happened to one of my computers years
    ago!?

    Oh well, I don't know what I'll do.

    =?Utf-8?B?Zm9nbWFu?=, Nov 22, 2006