    doesn't help. I'd appreciate any replies. Thanks.

    Craig Henrichs
    , Jan 24, 2005

  2. Billh Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm using Windows XP. When I click on the "My Computer" icon, I get a
    > "My Computer" bar on the bottom of the screen, but nothing opens up. I
    > try clicking on "My Computer" on the bottom of the screen and nothing
    > happens. Maximizing doesn't work. I have to go
    > Start:programs:Accessories:Windows Explorer. Then I can select My
    > Computer. I tried deleting the icon, and adding it back, but that
    > doesn't help. I'd appreciate any replies. Thanks.
    >
    > Craig Henrichs

    Don't know about your my computer bar but to save a lot of time hold the
    windows key and press the letter E once this will bring up explorer and
    if you want it to look like what you get when you open my computer click
    the icon on the tool bar called folders.
    Billh, Jan 25, 2005

  3. mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, mused:

    | I'm using Windows XP. When I click on the "My Computer" icon, I get a
    | "My Computer" bar on the bottom of the screen, but nothing opens up. I
    | try clicking on "My Computer" on the bottom of the screen and nothing
    | happens. Maximizing doesn't work. I have to go
    | Start:programs:Accessories:Windows Explorer. Then I can select My
    | Computer. I tried deleting the icon, and adding it back, but that
    | doesn't help. I'd appreciate any replies. Thanks.

    Sounds like your window is opening up off the desktop ... try right
    clicking the button, and selecting Move ... then use your arrows keys to see
    if you can get the window back onto your desktop.
    mhicaoidh, Jan 25, 2005
  4. Big Johnson Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:22:49 GMT, "mhicaoidh"
    <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailŠPäM.com> wrote:

    >Taking a moment's reflection, *email_address_deleted* mused:
    >|
    >| I'm using Windows XP. When I click on the "My Computer" icon, I get a
    >| "My Computer" bar on the bottom of the screen, but nothing opens up. I
    >| try clicking on "My Computer" on the bottom of the screen and nothing
    >| happens. Maximizing doesn't work. I have to go
    >| Start:programs:Accessories:Windows Explorer. Then I can select My
    >| Computer. I tried deleting the icon, and adding it back, but that
    >| doesn't help. I'd appreciate any replies. Thanks.
    >
    > Sounds like your window is opening up off the desktop ... try right
    >clicking the button, and selecting Move ... then use your arrows keys to see
    >if you can get the window back onto your desktop.

    Moving a window, when you can't see where it is, can be a pain in the ass. It's
    a bit easier to:
    1) Minimise everything (Show desktop).
    2) Maximise or Restore Windows Explorer (where you can't see it).
    3) Cascade Windows.
    4) Un minimise everything minimised in step 1 (left click on each toolbar
    icon).

    You don't have to do step 1, if you don't mind seeing all your other open
    windows cascaded too. Cascade Windows simply resets all currently non-minimised
    windows to a nice open state in the upper left corner of the main monitor.
    Big Johnson, Jan 25, 2005