    Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway around this?

    Thanks
    John

    Fitzy_bhoy, May 10, 2004

  2. Fitzy_bhoy

    slumpy Guest

    ....and seconds before the explosion, Fitzy_bhoy emerged from the bunker
    carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see, crying:

    > A few days ago when trying to run nero, I recieved a message that
    > nero.exe had a virus and did I want to continue. I chose no and ran
    > my AVG scanner, it found no virus'. So when the message appeared
    > again the next time, I overrid it and ran the prog anyway. A few days
    > after that when I tried to run the program my computer reset itself.
    > I tried this many times, always with the same result. After the
    > computer rebooted I recieved one of those boxes that ask if you want
    > to send the info to MS, I chose no, but checked the info box and
    > there seems to be an error in the minidump. I uninstalled nero and
    > downloaded the latest version but during installation it states that
    > the nero.exe has bad data and that I should reboot my computer.
    >
    > Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway around this?
    >
    > Thanks
    > John

    After you uninstalled the old version, did you clean your machine up before
    installing the new one ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, May 10, 2004

  3. Fitzy_bhoy

    °Mike° Guest

    Do not trust AVG.

    KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

    Where did you download Nero from?

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 21:58:30 +0100, in
    <409fece9$0$20511$>
    Fitzy_bhoy scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 10, 2004
  4. Fitzy_bhoy

    Tim Weaver Guest

    Fitzy_bhoy wrote:

    > A few days ago when trying to run nero, I recieved a message that
    > nero.exe had a virus and did I want to continue. I chose no and
    > ran my AVG scanner, it found no virus'. So when the message
    > appeared again the next time, I overrid it and ran the prog
    > anyway. A few days after that when I tried to run the program my
    > computer reset itself. I tried this many times, always with the
    > same result. After the computer rebooted I recieved one of those
    > boxes that ask if you want to send the info to MS, I chose no, but
    > checked the info box and there seems to be an error in the
    > minidump. I uninstalled nero and downloaded the latest version but
    > during installation it states that the nero.exe has bad data and
    > that I should reboot my computer.
    >
    > Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway around this?

    Try CDBurnerXP Pro. It's freeware and every bit as good as Nero.

    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/cdburnerxp.html
    --
    Tim Weaver
    "In the song, 'If the moon hits your eye like a big piece of pie,

    Tim Weaver, May 10, 2004
  5. Fitzy_bhoy

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 21:58:30 +0100, "Fitzy_bhoy" <> wrote:

    >A few days ago when trying to run nero, I recieved a message that nero.exe
    >had a virus and did I want to continue. I chose no and ran my AVG scanner,
    >it found no virus'. So when the message appeared again the next time, I
    >overrid it and ran the prog anyway. A few days after that when I tried to
    >run the program my computer reset itself. I tried this many times, always
    >with the same result. After the computer rebooted I recieved one of those
    >boxes that ask if you want to send the info to MS, I chose no, but checked
    >the info box and there seems to be an error in the minidump. I uninstalled
    >nero and downloaded the latest version but during installation it states
    >that the nero.exe has bad data and that I should reboot my computer.
    >
    >Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway around this?

    What you should do is leave a space between any and way, like any way, not anyway.

    >Thanks
    >John

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, May 11, 2004
  6. Fitzy_bhoy

    Fitzy_bhoy Guest

    wrote:

    > >A few days ago when trying to run nero, I recieved a message that

    nero.exe
    > >had a virus and did I want to continue. I chose no and ran my AVG

    scanner,
    > >it found no virus'. So when the message appeared again the next time, I
    > >overrid it and ran the prog anyway. A few days after that when I tried to
    > >run the program my computer reset itself. I tried this many times, always
    > >with the same result. After the computer rebooted I recieved one of those
    > >boxes that ask if you want to send the info to MS, I chose no, but

    checked
    > >the info box and there seems to be an error in the minidump. I

    uninstalled
    > >nero and downloaded the latest version but during installation it states
    > >that the nero.exe has bad data and that I should reboot my computer.
    > >
    > >Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway around this?

    > What you should do is leave a space between any and way, like any way, not

    anyway.

    I didn't know this was a grammar assisted newsgroup. But thanks for your
    constructive help in fixing my computer problem.

    Fitzy_bhoy, May 11, 2004
  7. Fitzy_bhoy

    Fitzy_bhoy Guest

    Fitzy_bhoy, May 11, 2004
  8. Fitzy_bhoy

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2004 23:35:44 +0100, in
    <40a15531$0$25320$>
    Fitzy_bhoy scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Do not trust AVG.
    >>
    >> KAV (Kaspersky)
    >> http://www.kaspersky.com/
    >>
    >> eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)
    >> http://www.my-etrust.com/products/Antivirus.cfm
    >>
    >> Sophos
    >> http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/
    >>

    >> Where did you download Nero from?
    >>

    >The Ahead site. Why not trust AVG, I thought it was one
    >of the best Anti Virus programs around.

    You thought wrong. The only good thing about it
    is the price; in that respect, it is probably the best
    "free" antivirus.

    >I also have Mcafee 8 installed and that found no virus' either.

    McAfee is also pants; bloated pants.
    Do yourself a favour, and try one or more of the above.
    KAV has the best detection rate, and feedback from
    submissions is phenomenal.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 12, 2004
  9. Fitzy_bhoy

    Fitzy_bhoy Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 11 May 2004 23:35:44 +0100, in
    > <40a15531$0$25320$>
    > Fitzy_bhoy scrawled:
    >

    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> Do not trust AVG.
    > >>
    > >> KAV (Kaspersky)
    > >> http://www.kaspersky.com/
    > >>
    > >> eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)
    > >> http://www.my-etrust.com/products/Antivirus.cfm
    > >>
    > >> Sophos
    > >> http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/
    > >>

    > >> Where did you download Nero from?
    > >>

    > >The Ahead site. Why not trust AVG, I thought it was one
    > >of the best Anti Virus programs around.

    > You thought wrong. The only good thing about it
    > is the price; in that respect, it is probably the best
    > "free" antivirus.
    >
    > >I also have Mcafee 8 installed and that found no virus' either.

    > McAfee is also pants; bloated pants.
    > Do yourself a favour, and try one or more of the above.
    > KAV has the best detection rate, and feedback from
    > submissions is phenomenal.

    wow...thanks

    Fitzy_bhoy, May 12, 2004
  10. Fitzy_bhoy

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, May 12, 2004
  11. Fitzy_bhoy

    Donna Hadden Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 11 May 2004 23:35:44 +0100, in
    > <40a15531$0$25320$>
    > Fitzy_bhoy scrawled:
    >

    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> Do not trust AVG.
    > >>
    > >> KAV (Kaspersky)
    > >> http://www.kaspersky.com/
    > >>
    > >> eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)
    > >> http://www.my-etrust.com/products/Antivirus.cfm
    > >>
    > >> Sophos
    > >> http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/
    > >>

    > >> Where did you download Nero from?
    > >>

    > >The Ahead site. Why not trust AVG, I thought it was one
    > >of the best Anti Virus programs around.

    > You thought wrong. The only good thing about it
    > is the price; in that respect, it is probably the best
    > "free" antivirus.
    >
    > >I also have Mcafee 8 installed and that found no virus' either.

    > McAfee is also pants; bloated pants.
    > Do yourself a favour, and try one or more of the above.
    > KAV has the best detection rate, and feedback from
    > submissions is phenomenal.
    >
    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    What is wrong with AVG?

    Been using the free version for 2 years and no problems with it.

    Donna Hadden, May 13, 2004
  12. Fitzy_bhoy

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 02:34:25 +0100, in
    <1fAoc.1906$>
    Donna Hadden scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 11 May 2004 23:35:44 +0100, in
    >> <40a15531$0$25320$>
    >> Fitzy_bhoy scrawled:
    >>

    >> >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    >> >The Ahead site. Why not trust AVG, I thought it was one
    >> >of the best Anti Virus programs around.

    >> You thought wrong. The only good thing about it
    >> is the price; in that respect, it is probably the best
    >> "free" antivirus.
    >>
    >> >I also have Mcafee 8 installed and that found no virus' either.

    >> McAfee is also pants; bloated pants.
    >> Do yourself a favour, and try one or more of the above.
    >> KAV has the best detection rate, and feedback from
    >> submissions is phenomenal.
    >>

    >What is wrong with AVG?
    >
    >Been using the free version for 2 years and no problems with it.

    I don't know how many times I have to say this; I have
    never said that there is a "problem" with AVG, only that
    it's detection rate is NOT up to scratch, and it's false-
    positive/guess rate is FAR too high -- it is *not* a safe
    antivirus solution, in my opinion.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 13, 2004