    avail. What should I do.

    RRH

    , Mar 13, 2008

  2. sandy58 Guest

    On Mar 13, 3:28 am, wrote:
    > Recently my personal computer a pentium 4 started hanging up during
    > my video and music streams and I have tried numerous remedies from
    > defragging to restoring to system reconfiguring to stop this to no
    > avail. What should I do.
    >
    > RRH

    You have a windows disk? Run a repair on windows.

    sandy58, Mar 13, 2008

  3. ded Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Recently my personal computer a pentium 4 started hanging up during
    > my video and music streams and I have tried numerous remedies from
    > defragging to restoring to system reconfiguring to stop this to no
    > avail. What should I do.
    >
    > RRH

    Thats not enough info.
    What do you mean by "Hanging up" during video and music streams -
    do you mean the connection terminates or the system freezes.
    For system hangs, with video streams being usually flash, try the
    Adobe site for support/FAQ/ or download the latest flash player.
    For other media streams, check the sites help links for system
    requirements for such streams.
    What media players do you use for these streams.
    What else is running that could cause a conflict.
    Any other problems, specific error messages.
    You're a googler, so that implies it probably is a simple issue but
    you maybe missing the obvious.

    ded, Mar 13, 2008
  4. catchme Guest

    ded wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> Recently my personal computer a pentium 4 started hanging up during
    >> my video and music streams and I have tried numerous remedies from
    >> defragging to restoring to system reconfiguring to stop this to no
    >> avail. What should I do.
    >>
    >> RRH

    > Thats not enough info.
    > What do you mean by "Hanging up" during video and music streams -
    > do you mean the connection terminates or the system freezes.
    > For system hangs, with video streams being usually flash, try the
    > Adobe site for support/FAQ/ or download the latest flash player.
    > For other media streams, check the sites help links for system
    > requirements for such streams.
    > What media players do you use for these streams.
    > What else is running that could cause a conflict.
    > Any other problems, specific error messages.
    > You're a googler, so that implies it probably is a simple issue but
    > you maybe missing the obvious.

    to this i would add that the speed of the internet connection, number of
    open applications and lastly, how much RAM on board are other factors.

    catchme, Mar 13, 2008