    pat Guest

    when trying to get on the internet my computer will freeze and won't go any
    were can some one help

    pat, Nov 22, 2004

  2. pat

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "pat" <> wrote in message
    news:cArod.111$...
    > when trying to get on the internet my computer will freeze and won't go
    > any
    > were can some one help

    sounds like spyware problems...
    spyware is created to monitor your internet activity without being detected,
    but, it also puts a burden on your system. spyware also acts like a virus
    and tries to keep itself on your system by replicating.

    you can manually clean your system by uninstalling them in ad/remove
    software and also by doing a registry search. then once you are able to get
    on the internet, download and run adaware to finish cleaning up the spyware.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Nov 22, 2004

  3. pat

    reid decker Guest

    You might try calling your ISP on the phone to reset your accounts.

    reid decker, Nov 22, 2004
  4. 127.0.0.1 wrote:
    > "pat" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>when trying to get on the internet my computer will freeze and won't go
    >>any
    >>were can some one help

    > sounds like spyware problems...
    > spyware is created to monitor your internet activity without being detected,
    > but, it also puts a burden on your system. spyware also acts like a virus
    > and tries to keep itself on your system by replicating.

    Is that so, Mr. Expert? Balderdash! First thing to check for is an
    excessive number of TSRs running the background. These will eat up
    system resources sure as snow in January. Lack of resources available
    aka RAM will cause the affected function to freeze or crash. Could it be
    a virus? possibly but not likely. Could it be spyware? It might be,
    always check the system before the function.

    Batman or Superman, Nov 22, 2004
  5. pat

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Batman or Superman"
    <> wrote in message
    > 127.0.0.1 wrote:
    >> "pat" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>when trying to get on the internet my computer will freeze and won't go
    >>>any
    >>>were can some one help

    >> sounds like spyware problems...
    >> spyware is created to monitor your internet activity without being
    >> detected, but, it also puts a burden on your system. spyware also acts
    >> like a virus and tries to keep itself on your system by replicating.

    > Is that so, Mr. Expert? Balderdash! First thing to check for is an
    > excessive number of TSRs running the background. These will eat up system
    > resources sure as snow in January. Lack of resources available aka RAM
    > will cause the affected function to freeze or crash. Could it be a virus?
    > possibly but not likely. Could it be spyware? It might be, always check
    > the system before the function.

    90% of internet related freezes are found to be spyware....
    at least from work experience.

    and if you read more carefully, not much information is given by the OP.
    therefore, i will assume the rest to be in that percentile.

    it may even be a bad block. but i won't discuss that without troubleshooting
    the PC itself.
    it may even be ESD damage.
    or may even be 80% fragmentation.
    the list goes on, so i'll chose the more common one.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Nov 23, 2004